Book Club Questions – The Bone Wall
2. What specific themes did the author emphasize throughout the novel? What do you think he or she is trying to get across to the reader?
3. Why do you think the author wrote this? What is this book’s message?
4. Two characters tell the story alternating chapters. How did this structure work for you? Were both narrators interesting to read or did you prefer one over the other?
5. How realistic was the characterization? Did the actions of the characters seem plausible? Why? Why not?
6. What moral/ethical choices did the characters make? What did you think of those choices? How would you have chosen?
7. Rimma and Angel see themselves as twins. What do you think about their relationship? What was the real relationship between them?
8. Rimma made a number of choices, good and bad. What choices were the most significant in bringing about the conclusion? Would you have made some of the same choices as she?
9. How did the book affect you? Did certain parts of the book make you uncomfortable? If so, why did you feel that way?
10. Are you satisfied with the ending? Why or why not?