About

Author D Wallace Peach

Diana

I didn’t care for reading as a child – I preferred Bonanza and Beverly Hillbillies reruns, Saturday morning cartoons and the Ed Sullivan show. Then one day, I opened a book titled The Hobbit.

Tolkien … literally changed my life.

I love to write. It’s a luxury I never expected I’d have time for – life got in the way. You know how that goes – kids, work, chores… sleep. I worked for 18 years in business where amassing coin was the all-consuming objective. It required huge amounts of time and mental energy. And for me personally, it was soul-slaying.

Then on September 11, 2001 two planes flew into the World Trade Center. I was working in Connecticut, about 2 hours from ground zero, and remember sitting in a conference room, watching the second tower fall. That tragedy initiated a process of redefinition for me, an evaluation of what was vital and important. Life felt short and precarious, and I started to wonder if it was time to do something that actually mattered.

In a moment of loving kindness, my husband suggested that I quit my job and go back to school (he still wonders what he could possibly have been thinking). I graduated with a Masters in Counseling and a mountain of debt. Oh well. I worked in Burlington, Vermont for peanuts – but, oh, they were chocolate covered! The human experience was sweet and rich. I had the pleasure of working with people who cared deeply about the challenges facing children and families, and I came to understand how the power of relationship, in all its myriad forms, can change the world. In Myths of the Mirror it is called the Belonging.

Then life got in the way again, and Randy and I made a move to the lush, wet, green wilderness of the Oregon rainforest. We live on a mountain a half-hour beyond the edge of civilization in a wonderful community where, once again, I encountered the Belonging. In another regrettable moment of loving kindness, Randy suggested that I write a book rather than work, and Myths of the Mirror poured onto the keyboard. Fast forward some years and more than a dozen books line my Amazon shelf. They have each been labors of love and I hope you enjoy them.

304 thoughts on “About

1. Hi, Diana, I’ve been practicing! Read ‘I Comet’! ♥

I Comet

From the womb of the unknown, I comet come, my message a vapor trail wide and lustrous with God’s own words.

Can you give your heart, your mind, their cosmic range of knowing? Will you listen to the soothing cymbal beats of my silent music, hear my streaking sounds, and decode the cryptic depth of my amazing truth for all earthlings? Each of you know the words that reach you through my spatial voyage! You have heard the parables, seen the miracles, known the words before my journey.

Will you listen?

Will you heed?

HE still awaits your response!

[‘Comet’ – For Diana Peach and the ‘Carrot Ranch’ –
    By BR Chitwood – August 23, 2018
    (Just Practice!)]

2. TanGental says:

Well I’m so touched you followed me Diana, when you have so many aficionados, judging by the about page. I will jump onto that bandwagon too and, yee ha! Off we go a’writing…

3. Christy B says:

Wishing you all the best with your career – You’re motivating so many women out there!!

4. marianbeaman says:

Diana, I just checked my spam folder and discovered you there, having commented a week ago on my “tobacco” post. How rude of WP not to treat you as an honored guest. I have approved the comment and replied back. So sorry! :-/

5. Daedalus Lex says:

Still gotta love those Beverly Hillbillies reruns though!

6. A L Archer says:

Hi Diana, I was very interested in reading your journey into writing as it echos my own (although my twin towers moment was the loss of my father-in-law and my own father within two short months).

As I am at the start of my writing journey I’d just like to say thank you for following my blog, I hope it will prove worthy endeavour, not in the least for me but for the people who spend their time reading it.

• I’m so sorry for your losses, and can relate to how the experiences change us and alter the way we perceive our own lives and choices ❤ . I'm happy to connect and wish you the best on your writing journey. And as far as blogging… enjoy yourself, engage, and you will collect followers without any trouble. Have a wonderful week. 😀

7. Aweni says:

Wow! What an impressive and inspiring story. I am so glad I came across this. So glad. I know it seems all hunky dory now but I am sure it must not have been easy. ‘A labour of love’ ……how very apt that description must be. Passion and tenacity always pays off. I want to say well done! It is now my mission to try and read your books soon.

8. It was interesting to read your inspiring profile and background to writing. Yes, sometimes a major event changes your perspective, leading to life-changing decisions. In my blog, I plan to talk about how my personal tragedies have driven me to return to education. Life is one big learning curve x

9. Bryan Fagan says:

Nice to see another Oregon resident on line. The Northwest is a great place to live.

10. It’s great to get a sense of your back story, Diana. Congrats on the life decisions, the books, and your wonderful partner.

Thank you for the reblog of “Chicken Scratch”, Diana. It brought me a few nice comments and visits. Much appreciated, my friend. 🙂

12. Diana, I just read your personal story and what a story it is. Wow. Life can hold many surprises and I am so glad your life changed to become a wonderful writer with much to tell that is so important. Thank you so much, Karen 🙂

13. Your life and the decisions you made sound like a wonderful journey and are truly inspiring! (And you know how much I loved to be inspired. 😉 )
    I look so much forward to discover more and am so glad to have met you! Sarah 🙂

14. So glad I found your site. Someone had blogged a children’s rhyming book that you had written which is really wonderful! I’m in the process of writing a children’s book, so I am always THRILLED to hear of others success, especially later in life once our children have gone. We finally have time to “re-invent” ourselves. Look forward to reading some of your books. Wishing you more success. http://Www.brilliantviewpoint.com

• Thanks so much for stopping by. There are lots of us who are taking up this vocation later in life, and it’s great fun. The market is highly competitive, but these days that doesn’t have to stop us from doing what we love. 😀 Cheers to you! I wish you tons of luck.

15. It sounds like you’re on a wonderful journey. And kudos on the support of your husband so you can pursue your dreams and passions. I love Oregon and wonder about moving back one day.

16. superwifeandmummy says:

If possible, I like you even more now 😊

17. Loved your post, many of us are in search of a purpose which serves above the normal life and I am glad you have found yours. I am so glad to connect with people like you here who inspire me. I would love to read your books. 🙂

• Thanks so much for the lovely comment and, of course, I would love for you to read my books, too. 😀 It took me a long time to figure out what I wanted to do and then to have the opportunity to do it full time. Before that, I filled the need to make a difference as a volunteer, which I still do. There are so many ways to contribute, and I’ve found that an attitude of kindness and generosity of heart is all that’s needed. ❤

18. petrel41 says:

Congratulations!

I have nominated your blog for the Real Neat Blog Award.

More about this nomination is at

19. Sheila says:

Nice to meet you! I’ve been going through the same kinds of struggles between work, life, and writing so I know what you mean. Living on the edge of civilization in Oregon sounds wonderful. I’m glad you’ve found some chocolate covered peanuts along the way!

20. Your words here have inspired me more than you know. What a beautiful soul you possess. So happy I found your blog, and you!

21. emmaleeshall says:

I love your story! I’m in the process of defining myself in my early 30s. I sometimes feel like it’s too late and I’m too old. I should have figured out what to do with my life long ago like so many others… So I appreciate you showing how life is a process of growing and evolving. I’m adding your books to my reading list!

• Thanks so much for the comment. Some of us take longer to truly find our calling. Until I was in my mid-forties I was still wondering what I wanted to do when I grew up. Life is a journey and hopefully we don’t stop redefining ourselves, growing, changing and refining. Enjoy it. Thanks for the visit and I hope you enjoy the books!

22. i am just loving this.this encouraged me not to give up on things and move ahead..thnx hun 🙂

23. osborne2029 says:

Our world changed forever after 911. To think three numbers bring memories flooding back for so many of us of what we were all doing that day. What made you decide on a Master’s in Counselling over other directions? I really enjoyed reading about you. We are all on this journey called life together. I’m glad you went into counselling. There are many who I believe will benefit from your engaging spirit that comes out in your writing. In this world filled with far too much terror and abuse, you are very much needed. Keep shining your light! Even though I’m Christian in my faith and philosophy, I embrace those with or without faith. I’m open to learning and growing through the people I interact with.

Have a beautiful weekend!

Kevin

• Thanks for the lovely comment, Kevin. I was a volunteer for years working with grieving children and families. That led to hospice work and that led to a counseling degree. There are so many people dealing with profound life choices and challenges, and I wanted to be helpful in the process of healing and finding peace and joy (rather than worrying about profit margins – ugh). Thanks for asking, and it’s a pleasure to connect. 😀

24. Your story is very inspiring.
    Wishing you all the success in your quest for joy, for you and for us.

25. delphini510 says:

Your about page is like a wonderful short story in itself. It just has to be savoured. Two things immediately stand out to me, the finding of “Belonging” – twice, last time in Oregon.
    Your loving husband Randy who supported the positive changes in your life. Just wonderful.
    miriam

26. mistermuse says:

I just re-read your “About” because in the rush of time, I sometimes give in to ‘speed reading’ at the expense of giving the writer’s thoughts their proper due….and I wanted to see if that was the (first) case here. I’m happy to report that my original reading came back to me with a more-than-passing grade, and that you age well! But I must admit to not fully appreciating this gem the first time around: “I worked in Burlington, Vermont for peanuts — but, oh, they were chocolate covered.” 🙂

• Thanks for the revisit 🙂 Sometimes I think I should update it. Before long, no one will even get my references! But those were the events that shaped where I am now, so there they stay. Now I want to go read what you’re About!

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )