Book Trailer: The Necromancer’s Daughter

My release of The Necromancer’s Daughter later this month is creeping ever closer. I love creating images for my books and then turning them into trailers. It’s a bit of procrastination that feels productive.

The trailer is complete, and it’s time to let it fly.

I hope you enjoy the show.

(If you give it a view, I recommend “full screen” so it isn’t so tiny.)

And … the book is officially available for preorder for an August 25th release (right around the corner)! Amazon, Kobo, B&N, Smashwords, and Apple.

The Necromancer’s Daughter will be $.99 for a few months as a thank you to all my blogging buddies and the readers, old and new, who’ve supported me along the way.

224 thoughts on “Book Trailer: The Necromancer’s Daughter

1. I had trouble downloading this on my kindle app. I do not understand why yet.

2. Wow! How awesome! This trailer is very compelling
    😃

3. Nice! Having released my own book recently, finishing the next novel and starting another already, I can feel the excitement and love you have for “The Necromancer’s Daughter.” Pumped for you!

4. markbierman says:

I really liked the book trailer, Diana. Congratulations on the new release!

Loved the trailer, Diana – so excited to read it! The image of the girl reminds me of Ciri on The Witcher.

6. […] a treat of a package came last week—The Necromancer’s Daughter, a new fantasy novel by my blogging friend D. Wallace Peach. Wonderful cover, and I’m […]

7. The trailer is amazing! I know the book is landing in my Kindle Fire in a matter of days, but when is the movie coming? 🙂

8. Resa says:

OMG! That was amazing. I just pre-ordered from KOBO!!!!!
    I’m still reading “River Ghosts”, trying to remember what is next.
    So, I might not be the first reviewer. YAY!!!

• Lol. Thanks for making me laugh! I love your comment, Resa. And big hugs for ordering a copy. ❤ Whenever you get to the story, I hope you enjoy it. And have fun with Marcia's book. (She's one of my favorite authors.) Have a wonderfully creative day and Happy Reading. ❤ ❤ ❤

9. […] Book Trailer: The Necromancer’s Daughter […]

10. Erik says:

Wonderful job, Diana. The trailer definitely piques curiosity and (having read the beta version) speaks true to the story itself.

Funny side note: I pictured what such trailers would look like for my non-fiction books—with all the dramatic music and visuals of… swarms of flies?… exotic lip-sucking insects?… pianos flying over houses?…

I could only laugh aloud.

11. If you put as much artistry into the novel as you have the trailer, Diana — and I don’t doubt you have — The Necromancer’s Daughter is going to be a spectacular read! Can’t wait! (And nice job on the copy, by the way!)

• I made the trailer before you helped me on the blurb, Sean. I didn’t want to redo the trailer so I left it as it is. I figured that between the words and imagery it would get the idea across. Would you believe I make these on PowerPoint? Thanks for the kind comment (extra special based on your background). I’m delighted that you enjoyed the show. Lol

• Erik says:

I have no doubt either, Sean—because it’s Diana (duh!) and… because, OK, I already read it beta. It’s terrific.

With so many books I’ve read, I can’t recall the names of the characters, the world, the plot thread and such even a year or so later. I see them on my shelf. I remember picking them up, but they’re quickly reduced to vague notions at best. With some, I start reading them again, unsure if I ever did, and still can’t remember 50 pages in.

Diana’s stories are always completely fresh experiences, never derivative of any other writer; and each is highly memorable. I have crystal clear visual and visceral memories for all of your books’ worlds, magic systems and characters.

The Necromancer’s Daughter joins the ranks: a book unto itself and one that will stay with me.

• Thank you, Erik. You’re making me blush and I never blush. Ha ha. I hope the book is well-received. Only 6 days to go! I’m get so close to the story and characters that I lose any sense of perspective. Therefore, letting it go always elicits a bit of trepidation and crossing of fingers. Fresh and memorable are more than I could ever ask for. Have a wonderful weekend, my friend.

• Erik says:

I hope that your stories will find their way into hands that can really help them take off. I even believe each of them could easily be films; and both readers and watchers would thank whomever made that happen, because they too couldn’t help but feel that sense that they’d stepped out of the commercialized same-old into something completely new. I’m extremely well-read in the genre, and you are at the top—not because I’m somehow tricked by how nice of a person you are, but based solely on the merit of the writing, creativity, world-building, character development and handling of the stories.

• My nice-person trickery isn’t working, huh? Lol. Thanks for the wonderful comment and kind support. Of course, best-seller dreams belong to every author, and a film… well, wouldn’t that be the thrill of a lifetime. Until then (can’t help but laugh), I’m just enjoying what I do, and doing it to the best of my ability. 🙂 Your comments make my day, Erik.

12. Hi Diana, your trailer turned out beautifully. I have pre-ordered and await the books arrival on my e-reader. I hope all is well with you.

13. Toni Pike says:

An awesome trailer, Diana – and incredibly beautiful. Toni x

14. Widdershins says:

Wow! 😀 … that is so cool. 😀

15. I just came back and watched the trailer again! So well done! I’m looking forward to getting my preorder on Release Day!

16. intrepid8 says:

Fascinating story!
    Thanks for sharing!

17. This sounds soooo good and that trailer is awesome.
    I’ve ordered my copy:)

18. Wow Diana fantastic. Wishing you all the very best for your book.👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

19. Fantastic, Diana! I love the graphics- so cool!

20. I love the images, D, and how you put them together. –Curt

21. Wow! The cover, the title and the trailer are all very enticing! ❤

22. Jina Bazzar says:

A new book! You write so fast! I can’t comment on the trailer or the cover, but I’m sure like everything else you do, they are awesome! Is this the continuation for the Ferryman series or the start of a new one?

• This one took me a year, Jina. So not as fast as usual, and it’s another stand-alone. I haven’t had the energy lately for series. Maybe in the future. 🙂 I hope you’re writing up a storm, my friend. Here’s to enjoying some creativity. ❤