Book Trailer: The Ferryman and the Sea Witch

I love making book trailers and this time tried to include more video along with my images. If this is too small, you can view a larger-sized version on YouTube.

I hope you enjoy the trailer for The Ferryman and the Sea Witch.

Now available for Preorder at $.99. Amazon Global link

Thank you to the blogging community for all your kind support of my work. If you pick this one up, I hope you enjoy it.

175 thoughts on “Book Trailer: The Ferryman and the Sea Witch

1. Silent Hour says:

This is a great book trailer. And I just found my next read!

2. I love your book trailers πŸ™‚ The music really helps build suspense!

• Thanks, Louise, for the visit and the lovely comment. Music is the key to trailers, I think. This was a hard one to match up, but it seems to do the trick. I’m glad you enjoyed it. Happy Writing, my friend.

3. Ann Coleman says:

I’ve never seen a book trailer before, but I thought yours was excellent! Well done!

• Book trailers are a lot of fun, Ann, and they’re good at hooking readers. Mine is actually quite basic. Famous authors will hire actors and directors! Which would be great, but…. I do my best with PowerPoint. Lol. Thanks for taking a peek!

4. Wonderful Diana and looking forward to.. I have put in the diary for a new book promo as usual with the pre-order on Tuesday 2nd to give a few days grace period.. will follow up once the reviews come in…hope okay.β™₯

The book trailer is enchanting! I’ve never attempted to make one, but I’m wondering if I should. Off to Amazon to preorder!

• Thanks, Teri. This is a stand-alone so it’s not a huge commitment, for once. Ha ha. And it’s dark, which I know you appreciate! Thanks so much for the kind support and, yes, tray make a trailer. They aren’t that hard to do!

6. You’ve swept me away with this trailer, Diana- so talented! I can’t wait to read this bewitching tale of the deep πŸ™‚

7. CarolCooks2 says:

Just wow, Diana…a beautiful trailer…pre-ordered without hesitation x

Stellar book trailer Diana. Of course I pre-ordered my copy! You are a machine woman! ❀

• Hugs, Debby. Thanks so much for the lovely support and the kind comment. As you know, I love doing these, and when your life isn’t a whirlwind, remember that I’d like to do one for you. This is a dark tale, but not too long. I do hope it takes you on an adventure. ❀ ❀

• dgkaye says:

I do look forward to it for summer reading Diana. I’m so behind now in ‘regular’ reads as I spend much time reading books on what my heart needs in this moment – on grieving and afterlife. But no doubts I will enjoy your book. I also enjoy books that aren’t in a series because I hate to be left hanging and wondering about the next in a series when I try to spread myself thin reading individual books by so many authors. Did that even make sense? Lol. And once again, thank you so much Diana for your kind offer which I will happily take you up on and learn from, probably in the fall I will get my finished MS into publishing mode and get back into some sort of a new working groove. ❀ ❀

9. Jan Sikes says:

A fabulous book trailer, Diana! You did a marvelous job! This sounds like an epic tale and I’ve ordered my copy! Congrats!

• Thanks so much, Jan, for the lovely comment and for picking up a copy. It’s a dark story, but not overly long. I’m so glad you stopped by to take a peek. Have a lovely week, my friend.

10. I’m writing this without reading any of the other comments because I just know I’ll be repeating them! Wow….what an awesome trailer and talk about pulling the reader in. Love your creative mind….brilliant!!

11. Vashti Q says:

I love the trailer, Diana! I just preordered my copy! Congratulations!πŸŽ‰

Excellent trailer, Diana. An amazing presentation.

13. Val Boyko says:

Awesome πŸ’•πŸ’πŸ’•

14. Must say, Diana, you are very good at marketing! I’m jealous. πŸ™‚ Fun video, well put together. -Curt

• Ha! I feel like I’m terrible at marketing! I’m actually lazy and introverted and the combo has the potential for disaster. But I’ve learned over a decade what works for me, and that forcing myself to knuckle under and do it is part of the program. It never feels comfortable, but this community is wonderfully supportive, and we all have find a way to get our books out there if we want readers. Thanks for taking a peek at the video, Curt, and Happy Marketing! You can do it!

15. memadtwo says:

Beautifully done.

Diana, are you sure you’re not a film director on top of your other skills in life?! πŸ˜€ Wow! This is a superlative trailer, I was hooked from the start and felt as if I was sitting down to watch a film … just didn’t want it to stop! A fantastic introduction to your latest book and I couldn’t resist and have now pre-ordered ‘The Ferryman and The Sea Witch!’

• Thank you for the wonderful comment, Annika, and of course for picking up the book. It’s a dark one, but I hope you enjoy it. I would love to make these full time, but I’ve have to invest in some real video software besides PowerPoint and Word. Ha ha. This probably took me about 30 hours to make, so not very efficient. But fun! Have a wonderful day, my friend, and Happy Creativity!

17. Wow Diana this is terrific and loved your review on YouTube. Congratulations. Awesome post.

18. Mae Clair says:

That is one super intense exceptional trailer, Diana! I love the music you chose, starting off so haunting then building and building until–wow–that ending. Bravo on a job well done. Of course, I’ve already pre-ordered my copy!

19. That is very cool, Diana! I can’t imagine anyone not wanting to read the book after seeing that ❀️

• Aww. Thanks, Tessa, I hope so! It’s not a long book, but it’s rather dark (based on initial feedback). It must have been the pandemic and four years of “You know who” that got to me. Lol. Thanks so much for stopping by to check out the trailer. Hugs.

20. acflory says:

Yes! High Five. πŸ™‚ Just pre-ordered my copy and I can’t wait.
    To be honest I was hooked on the story ages ago, but the trailer really is spectacular. Where on earth do you get those amazing images of mermaids???? Brilliant work. Congratulations. πŸ™‚

• Thanks, Andrea. Believe it or not, those mermaids and video clips are from pixabay, except for the cover that I made from about 50 pixabay images combined and layered. I bought about four from Shutterstock too. The hardest part of making these for fantasy is finding/blending images. With your talents, you could easily pull one of these together for your books. I’m so glad you enjoyed it. And hugs and kisses for picking up the book! It’s dark. I hope you enjoy it. πŸ˜€ ❀

21. petespringerauthor says:

I like the whole thing, but what stands out the most to me is the music. It sets the dramatic mood and seems to fit the description.

• It’s amazing what a difference the music makes, Pete. It’s okay without, but the music seems to give it emotion. The hardest part of making these is getting the images to line up with the music. I haven’t figured out an easy way to do that yet. Thanks for stopping by to view/listen! Happy Sunday, my friend.

22. Great trailer, Diana! Very watery. I’ve made only one trailer, years ago; ought to try it again after being inspired by yours.

• I do these on PowerPoint, Audrey, and they aren’t that difficult, really. I continue to play with them and add more elements as I get better at it. They are fun to watch. I hope you do one! Have a wonderful Sunday.

23. Erica/Erika says:

You are exceptionally creative, Diana. I love the effect of the water throughout this amazing trailer. This looks like a fascinating book. The music growing to a crescendo is very effective. Congratulations! ❀️

24. OMG Diana – this is a terrific book trailer! You are so talented. I really enjoyed watching it. And congratulations on your book πŸ™‚

• Thanks for taking a look, Barb. This is what happens when I’m burned out on editing and my husband has sports on TV. Lol. I’m so glad you enjoyed it, and thanks for congrats. Have a wonderful Sunday. πŸ˜€

25. You are so good at this! Kudos to you! I’m still taking baby steps. maybe one day. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜Š

• Thanks for the kind comment, Nesie. I love to play with images, and Powerpoint is pretty intuitive overall. I started with baby steps and each time I make one I make one more step. I’m glad you enjoyed this one. Keep up the creativity and have a lovely Sunday. ❀

26. Dollar Queen says:

This is great! Look forward to reading it πŸ™‚

27. I just clicked on the pre-order, Diana. Look forward to receiving it on June 7!

28. Totally amazing and sensational, Diana! Bravo on the production! Will click the Amazon link next!

29. All right. This gets a Maine “Wowsah!,” and I don’t give them lightly. Looking forward to reading the book.

• Thanks for the Maine Wowsah! We have those here in Oregon too, but spelled differently. Lol. I’m so glad you enjoyed it, Laurie. And I hope you enjoy the read. It’s rather dark, but not too long. Thank you so much for the support. Have fun in your garden and enjoy your weekend!

30. noelleg44 says:

What a fantastic trailer. I wish I had your talent to create something like this. Of course, I am ordering!

• Thanks so much, Noelle. I do these on PowerPoint because I’m actually technologically challenged. Lol. And thank you for ordering. It’s not a long book and just a warning that its dark. I hope you enjoy it. πŸ˜€ Happy Writing!

31. Clanmother says:

FABULOUS!!! The Ferryman and the Sea Witch will be available in Canada on June 7, 2021. I have it marked to download. So exciting!!! Congratulations!!!

• That’s wonderful, Rebecca. It a short read, about 240 pages, and dark. Bwa ha ha. I’m so glad you enjoyed the show. These are really fun to do. I make them on PowerPoint (so old fashioned). Thanks for the visit and I hope you and Don have a wonderful weekend.

32. A lovely YouTube Video, Diana, you are really good at these. I have followed your channel.

33. Wow! You continue to amaze me, Diana. Your trailer is incredible! Thanks for sharing. Have a great weekend. xo

34. joycemaryj says:

After watching the trailer, I feel like it should be a movie. It’s soooo good!

35. This is such a gorgeous video, I’m speechless ! This book is a must read. ❀️

36. Harmony says:

Wow! Such a beautiful trailer! Love it so much. πŸ™‚

37. balroop2013 says:

What a fabulous trailer Diana! I loved it and am looking forward to the release of this book. Wishing you all the best. 😊

38. You are the pro with these trailers. This was riveting, Diana. I just finished mine for Laws of Nature but you make me want to redo it! I’m trying Canva this time, just to see what the difference is when all is done.

The book sounds amazing.

39. Wow Diana. This is a beautiful and captivating video. This music, images, and story line integrate and motivate wonderfully together. Kudos!

40. Fabulous book trailer and a fine introduction to The Ferryman and the Sea Witch, Diana! Sharing…

41. Darlene says:

A fabulous trailer. Well done. Mesmerizing!!

42. mydangblog says:

You’re so talented!

43. You are simply the best!

44. Lucy says:

This is amazing! The transitions and the music set the perfect stage for the story. It’s fantastic and it really draws you into the plot because of the sense of trouble looming and mystery. Such stunning work on this trailer.

• Thanks for the wonderful comment, Lucy. I’m just working with PowerPoint, so I know I have limitations, but it’s fun to play with images and video clips after a day of writing. I’m so flattered that you enjoyed it. Have a wonderful weekend. πŸ˜€

45. That is absolutely fabulous Diana 🌹

46. Wow! I love that, Diana. Gorgeous. 😍 The images, the music, and the story. What a powerful combo. Well done!

• Thanks, Sarah. I find making these things relaxing while my husband watches sports on the tube. And I learn a little something with each one. πŸ˜€ Have a great weekend and don’t spend every minute editing! Ha ha. Happy Writing.

• Well, I’m glad he’s watching sports because you’ve obviously gotten in some great practice. This is beautiful.

Good advice. I’ll try… πŸ˜‰ Thank you. Hope you have a wonderful, relaxing weekend.

47. Wow! You’ve outdone yourself with this trailer. It’s really good!! As Priscilla noted, the shimmering water and moving light rays are incredible!

48. It’s an excellent book trailer! The shimmering water and moving light rays make the trailer come to life.

• Thanks for taking a look, Priscilla. I do these on PowerPoint (a skill I learned in my old business days). The files end up being huge, but it was fun to experiment. I’m glad you enjoyed it. Happy Friday!