Sally kindly shared one my Christmas stories. Plug in the holiday lights, put on some music, get cozy, and enjoy a little magic. Happy Holidays. ❤

Smorgasbord Blog Magazine

Over the last seven years there have been some amazing guests in the run up to Christmas who have shared stories about their own memories of this time of year or their festive fiction. In the next four weeks I will be repeating some of those posts, updated with the authors recent books and reviews.

A fabulous story by D.Wallace Peach to bring some romance and mystical magic to Christmas. I know you will love it.

Pixabay image composition.

The Snow Globe by D. Wallace Peach

Delores perches at the scuffed counter of Dee’s Diner on Christmas Eve, keeping one bespectacled eye on Angie as the waitress mops the linoleum floor. The sign on the front door has already flipped from “Open” to “Closed,” and the crimson Panhandle sky fades to a duller shade of rose, a single bright star glimmering on the eastern horizon.

“Thanks for closing early, Dee,” the…

View original post 1,815 more words

64 thoughts on “Smorgasbord Blog Magazine – Christmas Archives – #ShortStory – The Snow Globe by D. Wallace Peach

1. […] Smorgasbord Blog Magazine – Christmas Archives – #ShortStory – The Snow Globe by D. Wallace Pe… […]

I loved, love this story. I’m glad Sally shared it!

3. Silent Hour says:

Lovely, Diana. Just like you.

4. A sad one. I wrote some like that, too. It seems important to remember that not everyone finds magic, some only see sorrow. And to hold myself ready in case there’s something small I can do to help. : )

5. I’m ready for Christmas after reading this perfect romantic Christmas story, Diana! It’s sweeter than sugar plum. 🙂

• Thanks for the “sweeter than a sugar plum” comment, Miriam. I’m so glad you enjoyed this. Sally was so kind to share it. Have a lovely evening, my friend, and turn on the Christmas lights. ❤ ❤

6. Heh, is it appropriate for middle school? 😅

7. Jan Sikes says:

This is such a beautifully magical story, Diana. It made my day! I’ve always loved snow globes and the swirling magic they contain!

• Thanks so much for reading, Jan. I’m so glad that you enjoyed the story and the magic. Christmas stories are good at getting us in the mood for the holidays. Wishing you a wonderful holiday season. ❤

8. Definitely going to read that. I don’t yet have the holiday spirit.

9. J.D. says:

The best Christmas stories are tinged with sadness and nostalgia. This one is unforgettable. ✨🎄✨

• Thanks so much, Julie. I’m glad you enjoyed this one. It’s near and dear to my heart – I just loved these characters when they revealed themselves and their story. I hope you’re doing well and enjoying the holiday season. ❤

10. Such a warm and wonderful story Diana. I loved reading it. This is what Christmas is all about. Thanks so much for your share.

11. Lovely, haunting Christmas story!

12. This was a wonderful story! In addition to the characterization, I was also taken by how well you developed the Texas diner setting. Brava all the way around!

13. memadtwo says:

Thats a wonderful story Diana. Life has many layers. (K)

14. such a warm and wonderful story Diana! So touching and moving right now especially! ❤️ Cindy

15. Toni Pike says:

I adored this story, Diana. Toni x

16. Wonderful story, Diana! 🎄 Wishing you and yours a blessed and beautiful Christmas! 💞

17. I need a little christmas cheer- combine that with your beautiful writing and I’m sure to feel better.
    Off to visit Sally now ❤

18. When it’s by you, Diana, I’ll read a Christmas story — and tell my Grinch to shut up for a few minutes. 😉 :mrgreen: Hugs on the wing.

• LOL. My grinch is napping, Teagan. He’s all worn out from “the year of the virus.” Thanks so much for reading and for making me smile. Time to settle in and enjoy a peaceful holiday, my friend. ❤ Hugs.

19. Thanks for letting me share this lovely story again Diana.. ♥

20. Tessa says:

What a perfect story for right now. I can’t wait to sit down and read the whole thing. What a compliment to have it shared ❤️

• Thanks, Tessa. I hope you enjoy it. It’s not too long and rather sentimental… with a bit of magic tossed in. I’m starting to slow down now for the holidays now and settle into the spirit of the season. Merry Christmas to you. ❤

21. Meg says:

I just knew there was a little mystery in Dee’s past and it was beautiful and touching. A lovely holiday story Diana!

22. Beautiful and heartwarming story Diana. I would love to see you write more romance. For that matter, you seem to be able to master any venue; sci-fi, romance, poetry, etheree. I appreciate your masterful writing. 🙌

23. Hobbo says:

Lovely story. Dean Martin was the best of ‘the rat pack’.

24. This will be perfect for my tea-time reading this afternoon.