Rose Garden Haiku

sensuous beauty

blushing beneath the sun’s tongue

pink folds unfurling

white linens windblown

a dancer’s petals whirling

in joyous spirit

spring rain surrenders

May’s roses lift fair faces

to sunlight’s warm breath

vintage tapestry

roses stitched on wine and jade

grandmother’s bouquet

harlequin tumblers

decked in frippery and frills

perform for the sun

fuzzy chubby bee

revel in your golden wreath

sated with summer

Thank you for visiting my garden. ❤

I hope you’re doing well.

152 thoughts on “Rose Garden Haiku

1. cath says:

Lovely Haiku, and what gorgeous blooms.

2. Sarah says:

Your garden is glorious, Diana! Your flowers are simply stunningly beautiful – no wonder the bumblebees have fun collecting nectar, I’d do to if that were my preferred diet! 😁 And your lovely haikus are the cherry on top! ❤

I don’t know which is more beautiful, the photos or the poetry. Thank you for this post, Diana!

4. Miishuangmu says:

Please take care and wish your dad a speedy recovery. 🙏

5. Erica/Erika says:

So beautiful, Diana. The flowers are exquisite. “Sensuous….blushing…petals whirling…sated with summer”. Your words have transported me to your garden and to your soul.

An aside Diana, A huge hug since I realize life is extra challenging for you right now. xoxo

Diana, a joy to visit your garden and your roses are spectacular… such great photos to accompany your haikus. I love how they all seem to capture the spirit and characteristics of each rose, a celebration of light for us all … a treat of a post! 🌹

Hoping your father is soon much better … take care, hugs xx ❤️

• Thanks, Annika. It was fun trying to make each haiku unique to the photo. 🙂 I had to do something light and peaceful with all the troubles going on in the world. My dad will be fine, it’s just a matter of working through all the logistics and follow up appointments. My mom will be up soon and the day begins. It’s lovely to see you and I hope all is going well with you and yours. ❤ Be well, my friend.

7. sjhigbee says:

What an utter joy! Thank you so much for sharing both your beautiful flowers and your lovely poetry…:)

8. Wow! I so love your roses Diana. They are all stunners, that match your gift for writing. Happy gardening.

• Thanks, Brigid. I’ve been enjoying the peace of garden posts (like yours) these days and thought I’d do one. These roses mostly take care of themselves, year after year, and I just love them. Have a lovely week, my friend. ❤

9. Jemnotic says:

Thank you for sharing! This bit of summer brightness is much needed. Is this your garden?

10. Baydreamer says:

Stunning photos and garden, Diana, and your haiku are breathtaking. Thank you for inviting us along. Wishing you a lovely weekend. 💗🌷

• Thanks for the visit, Lauren. I love this time of year when the roses bloom, and garden posts lately have brought me a lot of peace. Lots of rain lately, so next week will be haiku about slugs. Lol Have a lovely week and be well. 🙂

• Baydreamer says:

I know how you feel, which is why I’ve done a couple of flower posts hoping my readers won’t get bored. 🙂 You actually inspired me to look up some old haiku and maybe write some new, so thank you. And slugs? Just lovely LOL 🥰

11. Incredible poetry, Diana. Have a wonderful weekend.

12. Your garden is a perfect place to be away from all the craziness, Diana! I can see cheerful petals dancing. The one above the bumble bee is yet to be my favorite color. Oh, boy, that bee is busy! Less than four months before the election 2020! Stay in your garden for a fragrant weekend, my friend! 🙂

13. markbierman says:

Beautiful photos and imagery, Diana!

14. I was swept away by your words as much as your lovely flowers- just beautiful ❤

15. Jan Sikes says:

Stunning photos, and beautiful words, Diana! A source of peace in a troubled world!

16. what a delightful garden that you’ve blossomed with such delicate grace. I enjoyed this so much!!!

• Thanks, Ethan. I’ve been enjoying the garden posts of other bloggers. They’re soothing when I get all stressed out! I love this time of year when the roses are bursting out. If only it would stop raining! I hope you’re well. Have a lovely day and weekend. ❤

17. Collection of beautiful flowers, Diana and awesome Haiku. Great post.

18. Thank you for sharing your colorful sensuous and sensational garden with us here. I can literally SMELL the flowers – your photos are that real. And the touch is velvety and soft. The words help with that. My favorite word now? FRIPPERY. Oh, how we all can use more frippery in our lives.

• Not all of my roses are fragrant, Pam, but when they are, I’m right beside that bee with my nose in the petals! As always the outdoors brings me tons of peace during this crazy time. Wishing you a lovely Friday and weekend, my friend. Be well. ❤

The flowers are as beautiful as the words – thanks for the tour, Diana!

A beautiful collection, Diana.I particularly liked the harlequin tumblers. Certainly a soothing tonic for these days.:)

21. Oh, these is wonderful! Your haiku are the perfect way to celebrate the beauty of flowers and the pleasure they bring us.

Stunning imagery and breath-taking prose Diana. ❤

23. Silent Hour says:

Fragrant poetry! Grandmother’s bouquet and the bee were my favourites. And I loved the visit to your garden!

24. Exquisite! I particularly loved “frippery and frills” – that just tickled me!
    Meanwhile, down here, it’s starting to look grim.
    Winters grasp takes hold
    Icy breath cloaks barren branch
    Frigid beauty reigns

25. J.D. Riso says:

Sublime. I swear I can smell those delicate beauties right now. Thank you.💖

26. Val Boyko says:

What a lovely collection of flowers and haiku poetry. I really enjoyed them 💕

27. balroop2013 says:

Your lovely garden must have inspired those haiku. Nice and positive Diana. Mother Nature offers solace in her own ways. Let’s soak in her bliss.

28. Soothing and beautiful.

29. Tom says:

Lovely photos and haiku, Diana.

30. Dan Antion says:

Very nicely done! Love the bee ❤️

31. mydangblog says:

Poetry as beautiful as the flowers it inspired! Our peonies are blooming right now and it made me want to go into the garden and touch the petals:-)

32. Sadje says:

A wonderful visit Diana!

33. memadtwo says:

I like the harlequin tumblers especially. (K)

34. V.M.Sang says:

These are beautiful. They quite put my attempts at Haiku to shame!

35. Oh my! I needed this, Diana. Absolutely gorgeous all around! ❤

36. My naivety, thinking just one, then another, and another till a bouquet from you – I should have known, Diana – beautifully done.

37. Gorgeous haikus Diana.
    xoxoxo

38. A breathtaking display of gorgeous flowers with the most lovely haikus bringing them to life! 🌸🌷❤️

39. Lavinia Ross says:

These are beautiful photos and haikus, Diana!

All are well here. 🙂

• Thanks for the visit and the kind comment, Lavinia. I’m glad to hear you’re well. Oregon’s viruses are going up this week after months of being under control. It’s a strange time, and yet there is beauty everywhere if we simply look for it. Have a lovely day.

• Lavinia Ross says:

It is a strange time, and I am waiting to see how all of this plays out in the coming months. I agree with you, beauty is everywhere, and that is a good place to focus attention.

The sky is clearing over here in the Cascade foothills, and it looks like a partly cloudy to sunny day ahead. 🙂

40. The imagination soars on the wings of these words, Diana. And the flowers are beautiful. Hugs hugs, my friend.

41. Mae Clair says:

That was a blissful experience. Between the gorgeous photos and wallowing in the beauty of the words, I feel wonderfully refreshed!

42. Something about flowers says ‘calm’. Gorgeous pictures and words. I especially like the addition of the bee.

• Thanks for the visit, Jacqui. I’ve been in the mood for some calm lately in light of what’s happening in the world. And that bee posed for a whole bunch of photos. He was a busy bee! Have a great day, by friend. Bee well.

43. Thanks Diana for sharing your beautiful collection of flowers and haiku. They’re filled with love and beauty. I knew you had the light in you! 🙂

44. Beck says:

All of those are beautiful – both haiku and picture

45. Steve Tanham says:

What a beautiful tour, Diana.

46. tidalscribe says:

Lovely pictures, thanks for sharing.

47. Tessa Pulyer says:

What lovely flower pictures and Haikus ❤️. You made me stop and smile on this very gray and busy day.

• Thanks, Tessa. I’ve been enjoying garden photos lately on other blogs. They’re peaceful and stress-free breaks with all the troubles in the world. Thanks for the visit and the kind comment. I hope you have a peace-filled day. ❤