Horizon #Writephoto

copyright: Sue Vincent – Causeway

Horizon

Dare I fly from the sea’s rim to the sun’s white center
When sorrow bleeds crimson from my tongue and fingertips
Will I sing through the throat of hope, the beauty of the human story?
My wings unfold with the flame of a yearning soul

When sorrow bleeds crimson from my tongue and fingertips
If heart’s betrayals bend me beneath grief and despair
My wings unfold with the flame of a yearning soul
As hallowed skies blaze away the bruised ache of living

If heart’s betrayals bend me beneath grief and despair
Remember by faded day the child’s longing for life’s horizon
As hallowed skies blaze away the bruised ache of living
In night’s full wildness dream of yes beneath the weary bone moon

Remember by faded day the child’s longing for life’s horizon
Dare I fly from the sea’s rim to the sun’s white center
In night’s full wildness dream of yes beneath the weary bone moon
Will I sing through the throat of hope, the beauty of the human story?

***

I’ve been trying to write a pantoum for a year, honestly. I love this form, but struggled with it!  Sue’s Thursday #writephoto prompt inspired me to just go for it.

Be peaceful, be well.

155 thoughts on “Horizon #Writephoto

1. Well done, Diana! Vivid and powerful.

2. Vivid. Beautiful. Awesome.

Best regards, JL

3. This is beautiful, Diana! The repeating lines were seamlessly woven into the touching thoughts. I only did pantoum once so I appreciated this poem a lot!

4. Sarah says:

Just so beautiful, Diana! And the perfect response to Sue’s photo!

5. It always feels good to accomplish something we struggle with. I have no understanding of poetry but understand that feeling. Enjoyed reading this. Stay safe and well.

• Thanks so much for stopping by to read. I don’t consider myself a poet either really, but I throw it out there now and then. True poets make it look easy and it’s not! Lol. Have a lovely Sunday and take care. 😀

6. kevin cooper says:

Beautified penned, Diana… Glad you rose to the challenge. 🙂

7. Erica/Erika says:

Diana, Such a beautiful, poignant, poem. It would make a beautiful song if someone could write the music to it. 💕

• Thank you for the kind comment, Erica. A song? I hadn’t thought of that and wouldn’t even attempt it! It was hard enough to get this poem out. Lol. I’m glad you enjoyed it though. Enjoy your day, and I hope a little sunshine comes your way. ❤

8. This is beautiful. It may have felt like a struggle but it came out perfectly.

9. So well done–no matter how long it took you! 🙂

10. Baydreamer says:

Oh, Diana, this is breathtaking and emotional and perfect for these times. I’ll have to try this form someday, too, so thanks for the intro. Wishing you a wonderful start to your week and stay safe!
    ~Lauren 💕

11. michnavs says:

“Will I sing through the throat of hope, the beauty of the human story”

This last verse Di is epic…😊😊😊 and you nailed this form.

12. willowdot21 says: