Worn Comfort

Pixabay image

Steeped in tea and reads

Hard soles unshod for lamb’s wool

Evening breathes a sigh

My tattered slippers shuffle

To the coziness of dreams

A tanka in response to Colleen’s Synonyms-only #Tanka Tuesday prompts “worn” and “comfort.”

Worn = Tattered

Comfort = Coziness

100 thoughts on “Worn Comfort

1. That’s beautiful Diana — and you chose the perfect image for it. What a cozy, safe feeling you created with just a few words. Hugs on the wing.

2. Sarah says:

Just beautiful! And now I want a cuppa! πŸ˜€

3. Serene, gentle, and gorgeous. This is what my doctor recommended.
    Need to see more of this from you.

4. Steve Tanham says:

Whimsical and beautiful… my feet were there, Diana!

5. Sean says:

This poem is really peaceful and makes me want to turn in, and not just becauseI’m writing this after midnight!

• Thanks, Sean. I haven’t actually snuggled into bed with a good book and a cup of hot tea in a long time. It is appealing, isn’t it? Thanks so much for the visit and comment and I hope you got a good sleep. Happy Writing! It’s a good way to pass the time while we all hunker down. That and movies. πŸ™‚

6. Now, this is a tanka I could live in!

7. Ah… That is so lovely.

8. Lovely picture, hot tea πŸ’• β˜•οΈ

9. Love the image – seems like something I might want to do soon!

• Me too. It’s snowing here and we’re all hunkered down wondering if each sniffle and inadvertent cough is the virus. Time for tea and reading in bed or by the fire. Crazy times. Take care and enjoy your weekend. πŸ™‚

10. You’ve painted a lovely feeling of peace and quiet in a not so peaceful and quiet world at the moment. Thanks for sharing, Diana.

11. Widdershins says:

Mmmm … tea and comfy slippers. πŸ™‚

12. Dan Antion says:

That’s lovely, Diana.

13. bookstopen says:

What a lovely image – as I look down at my tattered slippers! πŸ™‚

14. Of course, I sank into this poem as if sinking into a warm bath full of bubbles. Then I had to double check – this is DIANA’S poem? Haha. As you said to Jill, “I can do sweet when the mood strikes.” Beautifully versed, May your dreams always be as beautiful. ❀

15. Ooh I love this. In my current state, sitting at my desk at work, I’d love nothing more than to be shuffling around in my slippers πŸ™‚

16. Love it! Feeling the feeling… πŸ™‚ Sweet dreams!

17. Oh Diana…I loved everything about this! Beautiful job! ❀

18. I love the word “tattered.” For some reason, tattered always make me think of something beloved. You know, so well loved you can’t bear to throw it out? I’m in search of comfort today. Lovely Tanka, my friend. ❀

Replace tea with hot chocolate and you’ve got me. Sounds like a perfect evening.

20. Violet Lentz says:

Well done. Sounds like a journey I am anxious to make..

21. Beautiful Dianaβ™₯️

22. Solitaire says:

Nice! Perfect for a cloudy , cold day!🎐

23. This really is an exceptional poem, Diana.

24. How peaceful that sounds. Beautiful, Diana ❀

25. Vashti Q says:

Gorgeous Tanka, Diana! It has such wonderful imagery. ❀

26. D.L. Finn, Author says:

Reminds me of climbing into bed with a good book on a cold winter night, Diana:)

27. I love this tanka Diana. It has a cozy and subtle feeling that invited me to partake along with the tea. It’s funny to read the comments and learn you’re anything but warm and cozy. Snuggle up my friend.

28. J.D. Riso says:

Nighty night. Sweet dreams.😊

29. Tessa Pulyer says:

Perfect poem for the prompt. Definitely gives off warm cozy vibes ❀️

30. Lovely piece, Diana. Thanks for sharing another gem! πŸ™‚

31. Lovely. Tattered is a great word. It evokes so much more than ‘worn’.

• Thanks, Jacqui. And my slippers are definitely tattered! Especially since I wear them like shoes (to the post office, gardening, library, etc.) Thanks for the visit and comment, my friend. Happy Writing!

32. Sadje says:

Lovely. So restful.

33. Mae Clair says:

Oh, I love that! Especially “evening breathes a sigh”
    Fabulous, Diana!