A Blogging Hiatus

Right about now, I should be gearing up to post June’s speculative fiction prompt. I had a challenging image ready to go and couldn’t wait for the barrage of wonderful stories and poems.

But once again, my parents’ health challenges are requiring my undivided time.  Recent complications have meant I’m providing almost 24/7 care.  I’m just plain tuckered out, and though prompts and blogging are a major source of fun in my day, I need to step back until things stabilize.

I have a few book reviews to share, and I will visit when I can, but I already know I’ll be scarce, at least for June.

On a lighter note, have a happy, peaceful, creative, and healthy month ahead!

This pixabay image cracked me up. I couldn’t resist.

277 thoughts on “A Blogging Hiatus

1. i wish them a speedy recovery… take care of yourself as well.

2. Take care Diana, prayers are with you and your family!

3. inese says:

Oh Diana, I feel less guilty now since I only missed the one month’s posts LOL . Got updated reading the comments. Praying for all the blessings you might need ❤

4. Blessings of inspiration, healings and love to you and your parents, Diana.Take good care.❤❤❤❤❤🙏

5. I wish you and your parents well, Diana, and hope all issues are solved soon. No need to reply to this. I’ve also been away for a while and just catching up with post I’ve missed. Fondest wishes, 🙂

6. Sending you my very best wishes 💗

7. smilecalm says:

peaceful time taking
    good care 🙂

8. Definitely take some time to care for your parents, Diana, somewhat easier, I suspect, now that they are closer to you. Take the time you need, and maybe the Goblin King can visit a little more often to bring a bit more fun into your summer 😀

• Thanks, Julie. It’s So much easier with them closer. Still a 3-hour drive each way, but I’m listening to books while driving, so the time flies by. And I get to come home a night or two each week. I’m taking a mini vacation at the end of June with the Gnome King (I won’t tell him you called him the Goblin King. Ha ha). My sister-in-law is going to cover for me. We’re making progress slowly and I’m hoping for a much easier July.
      Happy Weekend and Happy Writing!

• Oh man, sorry about the G king (see what I did there 😀 ) I just remember the stories about the hikes though the woods. I always picture him as an adorable five-year-old with a burger king-like crown and a cardboard sword hunting for buggers through the trees 😀

• Ha ha ha. No problem, and as a gnome, he has a pointed red hat! Lol. I’m going to rue the day he learns that he’s not really the Gnome King and that dragons and trolls don’t live in our woods.

9. jomz says:

I hope things work out well for your parents’ health.

Hmm… Is that new picture this month’s prompt? Hahahaha… That is amusing and I got a good chuckle out of it. 😀

Do try to have a nice day.

10. Jan M. Flynn says:

Glad to connect with you, Diana, and hoping that things go as well as they possibly can as you negotiate what is clearly a demanding and challenging time. Best wishes, literally.

• Thank you, Jan. I love blogging and am usually very social and chatty, but this recent setback with my parents just knocked the wind out of my sails. I’m looking forward to reading more of your posts in the future. Have an amazing weekend. 😀

11. My thoughts are with you, Diana. Taking care of ailing parents a painful and exhausting challenge. Your friends will be here when you return. 🙂

12. Mohit says:

Peace will come to you, stabilizations will be at your place. I will pray for you ❤

13. joylennick says:

Thinking of you in your hours of need, Diana and wishing you hope and light. Hugs Joy x

• Thanks so much for the kind comment, Joy. I’m actually going home this weekend for the first time in 3 weeks. I can’t wait to sit in my garden and sleep in my bed if only for two nights. Have a wonderful weekend. ❤

14. Diana, I am sending you much love and support. Wishing you and your family the very best! Lots of love. xx

• Thanks so much, Lana. It’s been a tough time, but we’re making some progress and I’m hoping that the services I’m arranging will add some consistency and stability. Time will tell. And thanks for the love – we can all use plenty of that! Have a wonderful weekend.

15. Bel says:

Diana, sorry to hear! Family will always be a priority. I hope your parents will be okay. Take care ❤️

• Thanks so much for the kind comment, Bel. They are making progress and I’m arranging for services to help out. I’m going home this weekend for the first time in three weeks and can’t wait to sleep in my own bed. All will be running smoothly by the end of June, I think. 😀 Have a wonderful weekend and Happy Travels. ❤

• Bel says:

Good to know 😊 There’s no place like home right? I’m glad your parents are making progress and wish them good health always. Have a wonderful weekend as well 😊❤️

Sending positive thoughts your way, Diana – and remember to also take care of yourself.

17. Mae Clair says:

Diana, take all the time away you need and know that your friends will still be here for you when you return. I know how hard the roll of caregiver is, having done the same for my mother many years ago. Family always comes first. Sending you prayers and hugs.

18. Take good care if YOU, Diana. My heart goes out to you and I hope your parents health improves. Will be praying for them and that you will have the strength you need during this stressful time. Hugs.

• Thanks, Molly. I’m slowly getting a handle on things here. Visiting Angels, PT and OT, Agency on Aging, and rehab for my dad. Doctor appointments up the yazoo. Ha ha. I haven’t called 911 in well over a week. Yay! I’m actually going home for the weekend. So progress indeed. Thanks for the kind prayers and the wish for strength. Have a wonderful weekend. ❤

19. ghostmmnc says:

You are a blessing to your parents in their time of need, Diana! No worries about blogging for the moment…we understand. Peace and love for you and your family. ❤

Diana, take care of yourself as you’re looking after your parents. You are where you should be … time for you all to be together. May they soon be a bit better. Hugs xx

• My parents are making progress, Annika, though we seem to take two steps forward and one back, over and over again. Things are calming down at least. Thanks for the kind comment, my friend. Happy Weekend and Happy Writing!

21. Jan Sikes says:

Family first, Diana! Always! You will be in thoughts and sending positive vibes!

22. Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers, Diana. XO

23. Sending you warm thoughts and healing hugs Diana. Take care.

24. Sorry to hear about your parents 😦
    Take care of yourself ❤

25. So sad to hear that… take care ❤️

• I only have 20 pages left to go, Jess. And I’ll finish them today while my parents nap. I’ll have your book back to you in 2 days! Yay! Trust me, it’s a wonderful break to just sit and read something completely entertaining. Thanks for the kind comment, and stay tuned.

26. I agree with so many others. Take care of yourself first. I’m on the other end of this cycle with my daughter moving in to help me. I work hard to make sure she still has plenty of down time while she is still working a full time job. We are in the early stages of this process for now but she can’t help if she has nothing to give. I’ll keep good thoughts for all of you.

• Thanks you for the kind comment and wise advice. I think it’s wonderful that you and your daughter have a plan. Otherwise life can become a series of emergencies, and playing catch-up, which it’s been for us since October. It’s much better to be proactive when you still have lots of choices. Best of luck to you and have a wonderful June. ❤

27. Staci Troilo says:

Sending prayers for you and your parents.

I’m so sorry to hear Diana. Sending love and light and healing prayers ❤ We'll be here whenever you're ready. ❤

29. Widdershins says:

Take care 😀 … remember to breathe … see you on the other side. 🙂

30. The “like” button is definitely wrong on here today. So sorry about your parents and your caregiving needs. A bit of fantasy is what you need now, my friend. Thinking of you with fondness and good wishes.

31. So sorry to hear about your parents. Best of luck taking care of them! I hope you’re able to have fun writing stories in your head if not on the computer.

32. Joanne Sisco says:

Oh dear, Diana. This is so hard for you. My best wishes and all will be well … and soon 💕

• Thank you, Joanne. It’s been hectic, particularly because both parents seemed to fall apart at the same time. I was running from one hospital room to another for a few days. But things are calming down as I get services in place, and they’re both making progress. Have a wonderful weekend and thanks for the kind comment. ❤

• Joanne Sisco says:

Nice to hear that progress is being made. It is so difficult to manage the affairs of ailing parents. There’s so much emotion caught up in it – they become so child-like in their needs and yet our memories are still rooted in the past when they were the steady rock in the storm. Big hugs, Diana.

33. Thêa says:

I too, will be here! Please, try to take a bit care of yourself as well!
    Lots of love-filled hugs to you! 🙏

34. I’ve been there. Take all the time off you need. We’ll still be here when you return.

• Thanks so much for the kind comment, Stevie. I really didn’t have a choice about stepping back from blogging (and writing). I know that lots of people end up in caretaking roles and I’m not unique. The advice from those who’ve traveled this path before is invaluable. Have a beautiful weekend. ❤

35. My best to you and those you care for …

36. My prayers are with you and your family, Diana. I will think about you.

• Thanks for the prayers and kind comment, Jacqui. It’s been hectic but starting to calm down a little. I can finally catch up on comments and a bit of sleep. 🙂 I hope that by the end of the month, things will be back to “normal.” Have a lovely weekend, my friend.

37. Val Boyko says:

Something has to give when we are stressed. Make sure it isn’t your health. Take care of yourself as you take care of others. Hugs to you 🤗

• Thanks for the wise advice, as always, Val. I’m still tired but I’ve got senior services and Visiting Angels involved, so I’m able to sleep in a little bit. My brother is arriving today, so I’m going home for the weekend. Yay! Things are slowly improving. Have a lovely peaceful weekend. ❤

38. We’ve been there, your parents are lucky to have a committed, devoted child. Best wishes.

• I know this situation isn’t unique, Micheal. I’m trying to be committed and devoted, but it ain’t easy. Ha ha. We are making progress and I’m hoping that things will stabilize over the next few weeks. Have a wonderful weekend.

Best to you, Diana. Family first. I (we) will be here when you return. Much love! ❤️

40. J.D. Riso says:

Take care of yourself, Diana. Looking forward to your return,

41. Mick Canning says:

Hope things go well, Diana.

42. May pressures ease soon, Diana

43. I understand perfectly, Diana. Your parents come first. Take care of what you need to and we’ll hear from you later. All the best. —- Suzanne

• Thanks, Suzanne. It’s been a tough 6 months, but things are getting better as I get more services in place. I’m hoping that by the end of June, I’ll be able to go home for more than a day here and there. Have a lovely weekend, my friend. ❤

44. Sue Vincent says:

Take care of yourself too, Diana. Hugs x

45. Best wishes, Diana, for their care. Take all the time you need.

46. I feel for you, Diana. Hope everything works out.

• Thanks for the kind comment, Audrey. Things are calming down a bit and now it’s just a matter of sustaining the progress and follow up appointments, rehab, and seeing what other services I can round up. Have a lovely weekend. ❤

47. arlene says:

Prayers for you and your parents Diana.

48. Taking care of your parents is so important, Diana. I didn’t have the privilege to do so because they were so far away from me.

I’m leaving for Portland again in 6 days, will be watching Autumn for 11 days all by myself when my daughter and her hubby go on vacation (if I hadn’t mentioned it to you already). So I’ll take some time out from blogging also.

Take care!!

• You must be in Portland now, Miriam. You are a brave grandma to take over for 11 days. Take naps with Autumn. Thanks for the kind comment and have a glorious stay with your granddaughter. ❤

• Yes, I’m in Portland now. My daughter showed me where the things in the house, listed all the phone numbers I might need and the like. I got the same advice from other friends – take naps with Autumn. ❤ Thank you, Diana. ❤

49. Solitaire says:

Take care and be well! Hope all will be ok😊

50. petespringerauthor says:

Having gone through all of this in the last several years with my mom, I wish you continued strength.

• Thank you, Pete. I realize that this situation isn’t unique and that many others have had to step up. Things are getting a bit easier as I get services in place. Thanks for the kind wish for strength… I need it! 🙂