A Blogging Hiatus

Right about now, I should be gearing up to post June’s speculative fiction prompt. I had a challenging image ready to go and couldn’t wait for the barrage of wonderful stories and poems.

But once again, my parents’ health challenges are requiring my undivided time.  Recent complications have meant I’m providing almost 24/7 care.  I’m just plain tuckered out, and though prompts and blogging are a major source of fun in my day, I need to step back until things stabilize.

I have a few book reviews to share, and I will visit when I can, but I already know I’ll be scarce, at least for June.

On a lighter note, have a happy, peaceful, creative, and healthy month ahead!

This pixabay image cracked me up. I couldn’t resist.

285 thoughts on “A Blogging Hiatus

1. Elisabet says:

Don’t stress! One day at a time, hope all well eventually…❤️

2. Sending you strength and stamina to face what so many of our age go through. It is hard to see your parents failing and know that they may not be with you much longer – been there; done that. The energy you must expend to care for them can take a real toll, so care for yourself where you can.

• Thanks so much for the wise advice, Linda. A difficult time, but I’m glad I’m here. I’m doing as much self-care as I can (mostly sleep) and so far so good. My brother is taking over for the weekend so I get to go home for a couple of nights. Can’t beat that. Have a wonderful weekend. ❤

3. Much love and good luck !

4. Good luck taking care of the parents! This is a job that should come with laurels of honor – I’m watching my mother in law do it with her mom, and I know it’s hard. You’re doing the right and honorable thing.

5. Hugs and prayers… ❤

6. areilly88 says:

Sounds like a beautiful example of self care as you care for your parents. Love to you and your family 💚

• Thanks, Amanda. There was just no way I could keep blogging and writing while neck deep in medical emergencies. I’m starting to get services in place so I get little breaks, but I’m still so tired. I’m going home tomorrow for one day to rest (and say hi to my husband), then back at it. Hopefully, by the end of June things will smooth out.

7. I’ll add my voice to the many well wishers here Diana, just to keep you company as you tend your parents through their final days. You are a great blessing to them! Prompts will hold, life moves on. Much love and peace to you all my friend xo

• It seems that they have these challenges at the same time, Pauline, so it’s always double-duty. That’s been the hardest part. But we’re taking it a day at a time. Thanks so much for your kind comment and well wishes, my friend. ❤

8. Deborah Jay says:

Take care – I know how you feel – that meme looks alarmingly like me just now…

9. mistermuse says:

Previous commenters have said it all. I can only say ditto.

All the best to you, my friend. Remember to take of yourself as well. 🙂

11. Dawn D says:

Take care of yourself and your parents. I know the overwhelmed feeling. I was like this today most of the day. I have similar concerns with my Grandma, not knowing if I have the strength to go see her soon, if it’ll be the last time I could see her…
    I’m sending you warm thoughts to get you through the upcoming month and further.
    😘

12. Take care, my friend. You and your parents will be in my thoughts.

13. I’m sorry about your parents health challenges. Take care of yourself as well, Diana. Hugs and positive thoughts.

14. Cindy says:

I’m so sorry to hear that. Don’t lose yourself…it’s hard, but you can’t give if there’s no you left. 💕

15. Family always comes first. Enjoy the time you have with your parents Diana.

16. I’ll miss you but I completely understand. I am dealing with it myself. I guess it’s time for us to be the caregivers. Be well, my friend. Remember to take time to breathe. ❤

• My heart goes out to you, Dorinda. It’s so difficult. My parents seem to have these emergencies at the same time, so I’m running from one to the other – feeding, cleaning, doctors, hospitals… I’m glad I can be there, though, as exhausting as it is. ❤

17. Steve Tanham says:

Best wishes, Diana – for you and your health as well as your parents.

18. trentpmcd says:

Sorry to hear that your parents are having more health issues. We can all manage – go take care of them, and yourself.

19. Sadje says:

I hope that your parents’s health improves. Hugs

20. kevin cooper says:

Sorry to hear about your parents’ health, Diana. Family comes first. We’ll still be here when you return. Take care of yourself as well. Warm wishes to all.

21. I am so sorry that your parents health is so poor, Diana. Wishing you strength and fortitude.

22. Sending healing thoughts and prayers to your parents and the strength you need to see to their care, Diana {{hugs}}
    I’m reading Legacy of Souls now and love it!

23. You will be missed Diana, I understand completely, will be awaiting your return, my most positive thought go with you and your family. ❤

24. memadtwo says:

Sending good wishes Diana. (K)

25. Jina Bazzar says:

Take all the time you need, Diana – we all do when we have to.
    I’ll pray for your parent’s health.

26. Your WordPress community isn’t going anywhere, Diana. Take all the time you need out in the “real” world — we’ll be right here waiting, and thinking of your during this trying time.

• Thanks, Sean. I haven’t had any time for blogging or writing (or sleeping) but slowly I’m getting services in place. We have a few more big hurdles and then I hope things will be a bit less hectic (for a little while at least). Have a wonderful June, my friend.

27. Jordy says:

I wish you the best of luck Diana and sending prayers your way. Jordy

28. joylennick says:

Dear Diana, So very sorry to learn of the ongoing health issues with your parents. Family is all, so I’m thinking of you in your hours of need. Try and take some rest yourself and harness help when you can. Take care. Hugs xx.

• Thanks, Joy. I had my first good sleep last night, and I’m slowly getting services in place for my folks. They don’t always make it easy, but we’re getting there. Have a lovely day and a fabulous June. ❤

29. Family always is first! Sending positive thoughts to you and your family, take care!

30. You are a blessing to your parents and followers Diana. I’m sorry to hear about your parents’ downturn but pray for the highest good. May your time and help be a blessings. Hugs….

• Thank you, Brad. My parents are struggling and grateful for my help which is sweet. I’m trying not to let my exhaustion come out as crankiness (though I definitely feel cranky! Ha ha). I hope your visit with your mom was full of light and laughter. I was thinking of you. Have a wonderful June, my friend.

31. Diana, I’m so very sorry to learn of your parents’ health issues. Please take time for yourself – find someone to assist you and them – you must do this. We get to the point that we don’t even know what to ask for – for good health, for miracles, for respite, for the resolution we don’t dare name.

This prayer has brought me much solace over the years. It’s called Mi Shebeirach and I hope it comforts you as well.

May the source of strength,
    Who blessed the ones before us,
    Help us find the courage
    To make our lives a blessing,
    And let us say, Amen.
    Bless those in need of healing
    With a full recovery
    The renewal of body,
    The renewal of spirit,
    And let us say, Amen

I’m wishing you everything hopeful and the time to accomplish what must get done.

• Thank you for the lovely prayer, Sharon. I’m slowly getting services in place. And that’s given me time to sleep as well as a couple of hours in the afternoon to run errands by myself and enjoy a cup of coffee at a cafe. We have a few more hurdles and lots of doctor visits over the month, but things are slowly stabilizing. Have a beautiful day. 🙂

32. So sorry to hear your parents are not well. Wising them full heath and and strength. And do take care of yourself.

• Thank you, Cellestine. I appreciate the kind wishes, and I am trying to take care of myself too. It’s hard when the needs are so overwhelming. Have a wonderful June. I hope to be back in July. 🙂

33. My thoughts are with you and your family! Family always first Diane! I will always be here for you. Take this time for your family but do not forget to take care of yourself. From all my heart I wish that your parents get better soon!💕💕💕😘

• Thank you for the lovely comment, Sonia. It warmed my heart. I slept well for the first time last night. Things are starting to smooth out a little. We have a few more hurdles before I can go home for a weekend, but it’s getting closer. Have a beautiful day, my friend.

34. Invisibly Me says:

I’m so sorry about your parents’ health, it sounds like you’ve got a heck of a lot on your plate right now so I’m not surprised you’re exhausted. The blog can wait, be there for your folks but take time for yourself, too. I hope everything goes okay…. Look after yourself ♥
    Caz xx

• Thanks, Caz. 😀 It’s pretty hectic. But things are starting to settle down, and perhaps by the end of June, I’ll be able to breathe. I got my first good sleep in weeks last night. Now to load up on coffee! Have a wonderful day.

35. balroop2013 says:

Wishing you good health Diana, you are a loving daughter. Stay strong! Love and hugs.

36. Prior... says:

Have a nice break and sending prayers and thoughts your way – May the love you pour into your parents come back to strengthen and not drain ya

37. Violet Lentz says:

Glad to see you can put your own needs first in this case D. I have had to step back too with only one hour of computer connectivity available to me but know I’m thinking of you 😊

• Thanks, Violet. I just couldn’t keep up with blogging, and my writing (my personal life) has come to a complete halt. I’m tired and don’t see an end to this tunnel yet, but things are a little more stable each day. Have a wonderful day. ❤

38. You know I can relate to your situation, Diana. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your parents. ❤

39. Hehe, I love the illustration. I’ll send you kind, peaceful energy and strength through the ether. You’re awesome for the gift you’re giving them. Take care of You, too. Best, Sheri

40. Ritu says:

Oh Diana, family comes first. I hope your parents are okay. We’ll miss you but you do what you need to do ❤️

41. Family first Diana. You must remember to look after you too so that you can look after them. Take care.

42. So sorry to hear about their continued health troubles, Diana. We’ll be right here waiting for you until things improve 🙂

43. My thoughts are with you. Don’t forget to take care of yourself as well as your parents. Sometimes it’s harder on the caregiver than on the person needing the care.

44. foodinbooks says:

Your followers, including me, will be here when you get back. Believe me I understand what you’re going through. ❤ Sending hugs and positive vibes.

45. amreade says:

God bless you as you take more time with your parents. Remember to take care of yourself, too.

• Thank you, Amy. I’m trying to rest, but its hard when the needs are so immense. I hope that by the end of June things will stabilize a bit. Have a lovely weekend, and I appreciate the kind note. ❤

46. Jen Goldie says:

Take good care Diana. We’ll be thinking of you and sending warm hugs and good wishes.💜🌹

47. WilNaKo says:

Take care Diana and hope everything will be fine!

48. Dear Diana, we’ll still be here when you return. Wishing happiness and wellness to everyone you love. Please be sure to take care of you too. Hugs on the wing!