Aether Prompt Winner: D. Wallace Peach

Jason gave me another wonderful win for my microfiction story. It was fun going dark with this one. If you enjoy microfiction challenges, he has a weekly prompt. Happy Writing!

Aethereal Engineer

The talented D. Wallace Peach of Myths of the Mirror gained a second victory by winning the February 20th Aether Prompt with a dream stalking huntress…

The shadow scaled the wall, a weightless thing made of silhouettes, streetlights, and full moons. She sought the open windows of sultry summers, of proper men, their ravening desires forbidden during wakeful hours. Before them, she’d assume a human shape, one they would never possess if it were not for their midnight dreams.

Congratulations! Now you’re in the running for the 2019 AETHEREAL ENGINEER WRITER SUPPORT PRIZE PACKAGE! How might she, or possibly you, perchance win such fabled treasure as this? Take a look at my weekly Aether Prompts and find out!

~Jason H. Abbott

View original post

46 thoughts on “Aether Prompt Winner: D. Wallace Peach

1. Beautiful, yet a bit haunting. Well done, Diana, and Congratulations!

2. rijanjks says:

Fantastic! Congratulations, Diana!

3. Wow, congratulations! I can see why you won, amazing piece!! 💕

4. mylilplace says:

Congratulations, Diana. If anyone could do it, I knew it would be you! It evoked so many images in my brain with so few words. Well done!

5. Sarah says:

Many congratulations, Diana! I always admire people who can tell a whole story in under 100 words – that’s some kind of superpower to me! 😄

6. A big Woot! to you, Diana. Based on what I just read–well-deserved!

7. Intriguing story, Diana. Congratulations!

8. Many congratulations Diana, and so very well deserved.

9. ‘… proper men …’ now there’s a speculative fiction challenge – can’t imagine what image you’d use though. Oh well, back to window cleaning. Another well deserved win, Diana – have a good weekend.

10. Congratulations Diana! 👌😊💕

11. You so deserved it! Congratulations, Diana!!

12. Jackie says:

Yes, there’s a story there!

13. Well deserved, Diana! Great response to the pic. 🙂 Congratulations.

14. memadtwo says:

Excellent and congratulations!
    I’m also just feeling generally lethargic. I’d like to blame something that’s not me! The weather, why not? (K)

15. Congratulations, Diana! Great way to kick off the weekend, girl! ❤

Wow, Diana. I love that. Congratulations!

• Thanks, Steven. I’m getting better at “fewer” words. I didn’t even use all 100 of them. Good practice for me. I’m glad you enjoyed it. Happy Writing, my friend. Let me know when you’re ready for a reader. 🙂

17. This is like a blurb for a book that would be snapped up just to see what happens inside the pages…….. It’s so scarily intriguing!

18. Wonderful images captured in so few words. Congratulations Diana.

19. Lyn Horner says: