Near

The last poem from the January prompt is by Kerfe and includes artwork also inspired by the prompt. As often with her posts, the two are a pair. Enjoy!

method two madness

fabrications floating on
seas of sinking air

like final
notes of silence pitched
into the
void, cutting
holes with each unspoken word,
unthreading needles

Failing to
transform, to be borne
or reborn–
the years spin,
contracting—the lines
fall, disconnected

A poetic response to the January prompt at Myths of the Mirror, above.  Somehow working in blues always leads me to stitching…in this case I painted two circles and cut the smaller one up and stitched it on top of the larger one.

near close up 1s

Also linking to dVerse Open Link Night.

near close up 2s

View original post

41 thoughts on “Near

1. rijanjks says:

Incredible! I am amazed at the diverse stories and poems your prompt inspired, Diana!

Beautifully penned!

3. memadtwo says:

Thanks so much Diana! You received some wonderful responses, and I enjoyed them all. And look forward to more! (K)

4. What a clever response. I don’t know why I never considered that the prompt could lead to something so visual. Gorgeous.

5. This one is fantastic!

6. balroop2013 says:

The art is as mesmerizing as the poem! A superb thought, well penned. Thank you for sharing Diana.

7. CarolCooks2 says:

A magical last share all of which I have enjoyed Diana. You have had a great response to your prompt. Looking forward to yours and reading next months

8. Violet Lentz says:

What a beautiful presentation! Thank you so much for an amazing month of creativity D.!!

9. How marvelous! Diana it’s exciting that your prompt has also inspired art. How cool! (Ugh… really, no pun intended. Much as I like puns, I don’t like snow.) Hugs on the wing!

10. cath says:

This sent shivers of something other than physical chills through me. Nice poem, and some interesting artwork.
    What a great prompt this has been.

11. inesephoto says:

Beautiful work and a very productive and versatile prompt 🙂

12. Beautiful work! I really love the art piece that accompanies the poem.

13. Another magical prompt and beautiful verse to go with it. I just adore it,

14. Oh lovely poem! The artwork is also (pardon the pun) chillingly beautiful 🙂

15. Daniela Ark says:

oh wow this is genius. I’m speechless! I totally love it. What a wondrous treat!