It’s my birthday and I’ll write if I want to

Turning 60 today. Holy Moley. Yipes.

But I’m 24 on the inside. So there, Father Time!

To celebrate, I wrote my first Etheree for Colleen’s #Tanka Tuesday. As part of the challenge, we had to use synonyms of the words begin and fresh.

Journeys

new

babies

toothless smiles

fawn-eyed wonders

how swiftly they spring

from smooth mud-pie fingers

into school girls and lovers

clasped heartbeats of newborn mothers

journeys mapped in our parchment wrinkles

to rock sweet babies in grandmother’s arms

290 thoughts on “It’s my birthday and I’ll write if I want to

1. Bel says:

Belated Happy Birthday! I wish you all the best in 2019 and continued success 😊

2. equinoxio21 says:

Many happy returns of the day… 🙂 Don’t worry. It’s only the first 60 that are scary. (Just turned 65 in December…) 🙂

3. inesephoto says:

Happy belated Birthday, Diana! Hope you enjoyed the day and had fun. Your poem is a long and happy life explained in one sentence. Here is to the future!

Happy Belated Birthday, Diana! How am I this far behind? Hope you had a great day!

• Thanks Teri. You’re not behind at all. With the response to this new spec fiction prompt, I’ve gone from posting once a week to 3 times a day! Yikes. It’s wonderful having so many responses, but it’s been busy. I don’t expect anyone to read the ALL. 🙂 But, of course, I appreciate every visit and I love reading the stories. Have a wonderful day, my friend. Happy Writing.

5. Happy belated Birthday, Diana! The big 2-4 (it’s all about how old you feel, right?). Wonderful poem as well! And yes, you should be able to do whatever you want on your birthday (as long as it’s legal 😉 )

• Thanks, Julie. Let’s see, what did I do on my birthday? Oh yeah, that’s right, I blogged!! Ha ha. Then had a do-nothing-but-relax weekend and enjoyed my new socks. All good. At 60, I mean 24, there is plenty of time left for wild partying. 🙂

Only 60? Happy Birthday, baby. 🙂😍❤️

7. Sarah says:

Belated Happy Birthday, Diana!! ❤ Hope you had a wonderful day with lots of fun and yummy cake! Such a beautiful Etheree! And yay to feeling much younger on the inside than on the outside! 😉

8. Happy Birthday again, dear Diana! This is a lovely etheree on how generations live on. ❤

9. K'lee L. says:

Dear Diana,
    I hope your birthday was all the wonderful things a birthday should be. Keep on being amazing because I know you will! Happy Birthday!!!

10. Happy (belated) Birthday!! That is a really pretty poem ❤

11. memadtwo says:

That circle game. Approaching 70 myself…(K)

12. A certain melancholic wonder in this Tanka, Diana. I understand it well. The circle of life, as we begin as beloved babies, and suddenly, we’re encircling our parents with loving concern while swaddling our grandchildren. But inside, damn right, we’re still 24. ❤

• I think this “circle of life” thing is pretty cool, Pam, as well as poignant. Our roles never stop changing, do they? Your last line cracked me up. Yes, still 24! And I’ve been regressing too. For a long time I was 35. Lol. Have a wonderful weekend, my friend.

13. Solitaire says:

Well my friend it’s only going to get better! Happy Happy Birthday hugs and best wishes fir you wonderful lady ❤️

14. Lyn Horner says:

Happy Birthday Diana!

15. Belated happy birthday. Hope all of your birthday wishes come true.

16. Happy birthday, Diana!!! I hope you celebrated in epic fashion. You being born is indeed worthy of grand celebrations because you make the world a much better place, simply by being in it. Big birthday hug to you! xo

• Thanks so much, Tanya, for the lovely comment. ❤ I'm a rather low key person, so there's been more fanfare out in blogland than at home! Lol. But honestly, I'm celebrating for an entire decade! Have a wonderful day, my friend. ❤ ❤

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )