Way way back in early August, Sally Cronin of Smorgasbord Blog Magazine tagged me for a “little fun and distraction.” Before I could respond, I got distracted! Finally, I’m taking the opportunity to play.
As usual, there are a few rules:
Use the Blue Sky banner (that Rachael Ritchey designed).
It is sort of polite to mention the person who tagged you.
You need to answer the 11 questions set by your tagger.
You will need to make up 11 original and interesting or funny questions for those you tag.
You need to tag 11 people.
Here are Sally’s 11 questions:
1. What was the name of your first pet and what did you love most about them?
My first pet (that I remember) was a beagle named Gypsy. She was lovable and lived with me during my entire childhood. It wasn’t until I went off to college that she passed away. I have a special place in my heart for dogs that can’t resist porcupines and roll in anything that stinks.
2. If you could meet anyone from history, who would you meet and why?
Hmm. Probably Jesus. I’d like him to clear up all the misinterpretations that are tearing people apart. I’d videotape and share on TV.
3. What is the most common misconception people have about you?
Maybe that I’m outgoing… I’m an extreme introvert.
4. If you could buy any car in the world what would it be and why?
A 1950’s era Chevy Univeral pickup truck. It’s what I rode around in during high school and brings back fun memories.
5. Do you have a hobby your friends don’t know about?
Some friends may not know that I enjoy painting to relax. Here are a few pictures:
6. What was the last movie you saw at the cinema?
Avatar. 2009! There just aren’t any theaters near me.
7. Describe your perfect day?
Totally alone, lying on a hammock, reading.
8. Summer or winter?
I like spring and autumn. Darn, not the options! Summers are over-the-top hectic around here (not good for introverts), and I’m usually desperate to hibernate by the onset of autumn. Winters in the rainforest are long and dreary, rainy and vitamin-D starved. The only good thing about them is I’m stuck inside WRITING!
9. Looks or Personality?
Personality, definitely! I couldn’t care less about looks.
10. City or countryside?
I’m a country girl at heart and live out in the woods without neighbors. Cities have great restaurants and I love good food, so I’m not completely writing them off.
11. Action or comedy?
When it comes to life, I’ll go with comedy. When it comes to writing, I’ll choose action. Though my preference for movies can go either way, my husband and I watch lots of action movies because he’s ten.
Now for my 11 questions:
- What country have you never visited but would love to, and why?
- What person in your life (not including family members) has most shaped who you are today?
- List three things that make you happy?
- What’s your favorite genre to read?
- What time period in history most intrigues you, and why?
- If you could add a new talent to your repertoire, what would it be, and why?
- Where is your favorite place in the world, and why?
- What animal best describes your personality, and why?
- What’s your favorite recipe (and please share it)?
- Hiking boots, sneakers, heels, or flip-flops?
- Would you rather have tons of love and little wealth, or tons of wealth and little love?
And I tag… everyone who wants to play. Enjoy!
And be sure to stop by Sally’s and check out her amazing blog. If you write, read, travel, eat, or enjoy learning something new, her blog is a great place to visit. 🙂