Give and Receive #Tanka

pixabay image

The Bargain

My heart will tender

white-winged dreams on the morrow

if you gift this soul

in the mottled hush of dusk

remembrances of the past

❀

This tanka, my first ever, is in response to Colleen’s Tuesday #Tanka Challenge. The prompts are Give & Receive, (but we can only use synonyms).

111 thoughts on “Give and Receive #Tanka

1. jazzytower says:

This takes me to a beautiful place with each reading. Congratulations on being the featured poet. Very well deserved.

Pat

2. Never even heard of tanka before this! But I admire the power and economy of poetry. Nice work, Diana!

3. Sarah says:

This is beautiful, Diana!

4. memadtwo says:

A beautiful bargain…white-winged dreams. We could all use some of those. (K)

5. merrildsmith says:

I can’t believe this is your first tanka! It’s beautiful. I like how you use “tender” for give, but it makes one think of being tender or tender hearted.

6. What a beautiful, beautiful poem. In the hush of dusk those past remembrances nourishing the white-winged dreams. Thank you.

7. Aweni says:

Excellent Tanka Diana. I took Colleen’s advice to close my eyes while considering the words and the vividness was awesome. Brilliant.πŸ‘β€

8. […] that said, I chose, D. Wallace Peach, from Myths of the Mirror, as the Poet of the Week. Her Tanka poem, “The Bargain,” resonated with me this week. I […]

9. This is wonderful, Diana! Well done!

10. Nothing to do with this post but I’m excited! I just got my pre-order of your book, Soul Swallowers. Can’t wait to read.

11. willowdot21 says:

This is absolutely beautiful, a fantastic first Tanka πŸ’œ

12. A lovely tanka debut–I especially like the mottled hush of dusk. πŸ™‚

13. rijanjks says:

Sweet and beautiful, Diana. I loved it.

14. I love the poem, Diana, and the picture is perfect with it. It could be so many things until I read your words.

• Thanks for stopping by to read, Jacqui. It was nice to do something simple and restful. Speaking of rest, are you worn out from all the comments regarding your book? I hope you had tons of fun and sold a few copies! A great crowd over here. πŸ˜€

Beautiful, Diana!

16. Ocean Bream says:

I love your writing, Diana. You have a unique voice πŸ™‚

17. Lovely poem Diana
    πŸ™‚

A beautiful gentle tanka that glides with peace and resolution. A quiet hush for one’s soul. Hope you’re tempted to write more!

• I’ve enjoyed reading Colleen’s challenges, so I decided to jump in and give it a try. And it was nice to peacefully focus on this after the long difficult post that can before. I’m so glad you enjoyed it, and I expect I’ll try it again someday. ❀

19. It’s lovely, Diana. I have yet to write a tanka. I think you just inspired me πŸ’œ

20. Lovely lines… short and sweet, Diana! πŸ˜ƒ

Brilliant job Diana. Whodathunk it’s your first one? πŸ™‚ x

22. Val Boyko says:

Wow … a wonderful expression Diana.

23. hsampson says:

Brilliant Diana!! You have got many talents!!!

Wonderful, Diana. I always knew you were a poet. πŸ™‚

25. Lovely little write. Wish you did more.

26. Nicely done. πŸ™‚

27. Cloud Walker says:

This is a wonderful expression if who you are Diana! ❀️

28. Solitaire says:

Beautiful!🌱

29. Beautiful, Diana… ❀ xo

30. You’re done a marvelous job on your first #Tanka, Diana. I can see you sitting back and rubbing your hands together, saying, “Oh, a new challenge!” Hehe. Write on!

31. robbiecheadle says:

This is wonderful, Diana.

32. mylilplace says:

Ahhh…your words flow and stun like liquid gold. Thank you for sharing this beautiful tanka.

33. Mae Clair says:

white-winged dreams on the morrow … mottled hush of dusk…

I love the way you weave words. Beautiful tanka!

34. bowmanauthor says:

It warms my heart in unity, D. Wallace Peach and Colleen Chesebro.

35. Diana, I’m thrilled that you’ve joined in. Thank you. I love your Tanka! It tells a lovely story. ❀ I'm jumping up and down for joy right now! ❀

36. That is quite a challenge and you’ve more than met it. Well done.

37. More than a bargain … lines given and gratefully received.

38. Way to meet the challenge, Diana! This is beautiful.

39. The V Pub says:

Give and receive as well as yesterday and tomorrow. You’ve exceeded the challenge with your painted words. Beautiful!

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )