Author Interview: D Wallace Peach

Over my break, I answered a few questions about The Rose Shield series for Kathy Wagoner’s blog. Kathy’s another speculative fiction writer. If you have the time, stop by to say hi and check out her blog. And have a wonderful weekend!

KL Wagoner

Author D. Wallace Peach infuses her speculative fiction with vivid prose and intriguing plots. Her twelve published books are divided between two four-book series and four standalone novels. Kari’s Reckoning (2017) is the fourth and final novel in her Rose Shield series, a storyline that explores flawed and compelling characters, a sentient landscape, and a magic system that allows for manipulating emotions. Learn more about Diana and her writing on her website/blog MythsOfTheMirror.com and her Amazon author page, and connect with her on Facebook, Twitter (@dwallacepeach), and Goodreads.

What was the initial spark for the Rose Shield seriesa character, the setting, a what-if question?
For any of my books, my initial spark is usually something related to a magic system. I’m a fan of fantasy author Brandon Sanderson and enjoy the structure he brings to the magic in his books, including how he integrates his…

View original post 855 more words

64 thoughts on “Author Interview: D Wallace Peach

1. Amazing interview, thank you

2. paulandruss says:

A real treat Diana, a very powerful and revealing interview

3. Such a great interview, Diana! And I can relate to the investment in both battle and emotional scenes. I so agree about feeling the emotions and the reader being able to tell if the writer stayed distant. And the Bone Wall was intense, and dark, but very good. The Rose Shield books are waiting their turn in my TBR queue!

• Thanks for stopping by to read, Julie. I think most of us get personally involved with our stories and characters. Part of the reason why this is all so addictive! Hope the Muse is being helpful this week and Happy Writing!

4. […] https://mythsofthemirror.com/2018/03/23/author-interview-d-wallace-peach/ “What was the initial spark for the Rose Shield series—a character, the setting, a what-if question? For any of my books, my initial spark is usually something related to a magic system. I’m a fan of fantasy author Brandon Sanderson and enjoy the structure he brings to the magic in his books, including how he integrates his” I’m going through some youtube teachings of Sanderson. Really helpful! […]

5. A very enjoyable interview, Diana. I found it most interesting that you find sad scenes and battle scenes hard to write because of the emotional investment.

• Thanks for stopping by, Robbie. I do find those scenes emotionally taxing. Writing The Bone Wall as so intense that I was sick for the entire process, became dehydrated and developed a heart arrhythmia that warranted a visit to the cardiologist! I’m fine now, btw, but for a while I thought the book was going to be the end of me! (Future post maybe) 😀

Wonderful interview, Diana!

7. Awesome interview! I love the way you write and give that emotional touch to your stories. Congratulations!

8. I absolutely loved the interview!! Your emotional investment in your stories is what makes them so believable, even in a magical setting. I have a feeling your soul swallowing series will have me blubbering… oh to contact a lost loved one! Yet I’m sure it won’t all be hugs and happy reunions, lol. I’m looking forward to the release!

9. Cloud Walker says:

You are loved and we enjoy your books Diana. Have a wonderful weekend, glad your back 🌻

10. One of my favorite posts is reading how authors do what they do. I’m going over to Kathy’s for a visit.

Wonderful interview, Diana. Congratulations!

12. Loved the interview, Diana. Left a comment on KL Waggoner’s blog. You are amazing and I love learning more about your writing process.

13. arlene says:

Lovely. Nice to know about your books Diana.

14. Tina Frisco says:

Terrific interview, Diana. I enjoyed learning more about your writing process. Ideas sparked and abounded as I read it. ❤

15. You were interviewed? Oh, fun! Clicking over. Happy weekend hugs.

16. I enjoyed reading that interview – especially as I am coming to the end of Farlander and already have the final book waiting on my kindle. I have not read anything else since starting this series – and you know I think, that is saying something! 🙂 I’m in awe of your process!!

17. It’s always nice to read in interview with you, Diana.

18. Wonderful interview, Diana! 🙂 xo

19. Carrie Rubin says:

Wonderful interview. I enjoyed reading it. Our approach to character creation is similar.

20. Wonderful interview, Diane. I always enjoy learning more about fellow bloggers!

21. Erik says:

I commented on Kathy’s blog but … AHA and HUZZAH … MAY! I’m marking my calendar.

22. Lovely interview Diane! ❤

23. A great interview! Wow you develop the characters so intimately! That is so cool

24. Silent Hour says:

It’s always good to read more about you!

25. Solitaire says:

Enjoy it also!🌞

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

w