Missing Muse

I couldn’t resist sharing another blogger’s muse, this one presented by Brad over at Writing to Freedom. It seems these muses all know each other and what a bunch of personalities. Did you know they have a labor union? Enjoy. πŸ˜€

writing to freedom

Missing Musemissing muse

My writing muse has been missing in action for a while. My fanciful friend,Β Muse Brad, seems to have left the premises. I persist in writing because I’m a stubborn cuss, but my writing feels flat and forced.

Or maybe I have a new muse that is all about writing schedules ala D. Wallace’s Muse for Hire. Β Personally, I’d much rather have a muse like Greg from Almost Iowa. His museΒ is playful, whiny, loves ice cream, and no slave to time or schedules. Maybe we can share muses to spread the pain and pleasure! πŸ™‚

There seems to be a life lesson here. Our muses and our writing need a delicate mix of discipline and allowing. Too much allowing and nothing gets done. Too much discipline and we kill our muse’s spirit. Like a good teacher or parent, we must learn how toΒ use the right tools at the…

View original post 243 more words

72 thoughts on “Missing Muse

1. reocochran says:

Wow, those muses are rumbling and not sticking their noses to the grindstone, Diana.
    I appreciate Brad’s Muse and alwaysike to read humorous posts. πŸ™‚ πŸ˜€

2. Oh, this is excellent Diana, thanks so much for sharing. πŸ™‚ Have a great weekend further. πŸ™‚

3. Yeah, I’m totally gonna have to do this now.

4. Almost Iowa says:

I must say that all the attention paid to her kind has picked up the spirits of my broken-hearted muse. She is not quite ready to write yet (there is still half a pail of chocolate chip ice cream remaining and that ice cream does not eat itself) but she is happy enough to inspire me to mow the lawn and wash the windows in preparation for winter.

5. OwnShadow says:

I find ‘automatic writing’ helps. That way I generate something rough-hewn that can be shaped. It’s rather like a child with crayons that will always produce a picture simply because it wants to play.

6. This was such a fun, whimsical post from Brad. Thanks for sharing, Diana. Wishing you both (and all the muses, lost and found) a thriving Thursday!

7. Oh, I so know this feeling at the moment!!!

8. I have enjoyed these muse posts, but I’m feeling uncomfortable. I have not been in contact with my inner muse – perhaps because I am so shallow. Now I’m afraid of finding a tyrant or finger pointer. Do I have the courage to look? I’m hoping she is a barrel of fun, and I’ll find her in an a-muse-ment park! Preferably Disney World.

I’m enjoying these a’musing’ stories! Look what you’ve started, lol. πŸ™‚ x

10. balroop2013 says:

My muse often hibernates and has to be nudged hard but her rejuvenation is quite rewarding! πŸ™‚

11. Lol, my muse is moody, she hides in the forest and uses camoflage….🀣

12. Cloud Walker says:

You’re muse is stressed! burn some bay leaves! πŸ˜‚

13. I remember reading that the best way to avoid writing is to find a really needy friend. πŸ™‚

14. This was hilarious! Thanks for sharing, Diana.

15. Any geek knows that muse is right. No tech inspsiration ever happened without buckets of candy, Cheetoes, and orange soda.

16. You have opened up a can of …. muses! Mine just elbowed her way in as I started to prepare for my Friday post. Watch out – you’re mentioned and I’ll be sending more readers (and muses?) over your way.

17. Well, now you all started something. My muse has been getting after me to get social and stop keeping her to myself. So far, I’m still the boss, part of the time, but she carries a lasso and isn’t afraid to use it. I love meeting everyone’s muse. Way to go, Diana. πŸ™‚

18. Another great muse adventure! These are so much fun to read. Although, I have a feeling my Muse is planning a walkabout soon, so I think I’ll have to distract him. Maybe Mr. E can come by and pick him up for a pub crawl. Maybe they can swing around and pick up a few more muses for the trip πŸ˜€

19. philipparees says:

Muse swap?Mine has become so WORTHY I do not recognise him, and I think he has forgotten what we once achieved.So I am playing him old recordings to ginger him up. We may both be old but I never accepted that as any excuse!

20. Thank you Diana. I had so much fun reading and writing about missing muses, that I’m crafting another adventure for Muse Brad. Look what you’ve started! πŸ™‚

21. Most amusing, Diana. I think you have started a trend.

22. Joanne Sisco says:

You writerly types are hilarious when you’re dreaming up excuses for not writing πŸ™‚

23. The V Pub says:

Is it a muse union? πŸ˜€