Photography: Insects caught in a downpour

One of my favorite photographic sites where I could wander for hours. I just had to share these.

e MORFES

Taken by Russian photographer, Vadim Trunov in the Voronezh region in the west of Russia, they show a variety of insects dealing with a downpour. Trunov takes his pictures using a macro lens to capture close up details with incredible clarity.

View original post

84 thoughts on “Photography: Insects caught in a downpour

1. Gosh that is just delicious. Magnificent work.

2. wow….. that is an amazing shot!! thank you so much for sharing πŸ™‚

3. Thank you so much for posting this picture. I just started a blog about insects and animals. It would be super cool if you could check it out D. Wallace Peach!

4. Quality work there matey, adds much more depth and interest with the rain. Being honest the picture would have been mint without the rain! nice work.

5. acflory says:

Truly wonderful. Thank you!

6. Beautiful. Thanks for sharing, Diana

7. Thanks for sharing this with us!

8. inesephoto says:

Amazing photography! Every creature is beautiful.

9. Oh, I love that site! But I especially love the pic you posted above. I can’t help but hear the snail say, “Sucker!”

10. Wow. I’m always amazed at how photographers can capture these tiny creatures. I mean, just finding them is a challenge, not to mention taking pictures of them. Thank you for sharing!

11. stephie5741 says:

I always wondered how they stayed dry…although this might not keep them too dry. I can’t imagine how hard it was to capture this shot. Very talented photographer!

Stephanie

12. Wow! now that is what I call photography ! How absolutely breath-taking !!!

13. Nitin says:

Loved it! Thanks for sharing such a refreshing pic. I’m checking out that link now πŸ™‚

14. Sacha Black says:

I had a look at this via Facebook – UH-MAZE-ING one or two of them are totally inspirational

15. Widdershins says:

Love the one of the snail ‘looking’ up at the raindrops. πŸ˜€

16. Incredible! That site is a keeper!

Simply spectacular. After looking around at some other wonderfully exquisite photos I just had to sign up. Thanks for introducing this blog to us.

18. Alka Girdhar says:

This is beautiful!

19. Maverick ~ says:

Wonderful site, thank you for posting it. πŸ™‚

20. reocochran says:

This is why I try not to wander far in blogs that have professional photography, Diana. I would stop taking photos, if I saw these every day. It is an awesome and beautiful shot!

• No no no. Robin. I’m sure that the artists who are featured on the site have hundreds of photos that were so-so. Keep taking pictures, girl. You already have some beauties πŸ™‚

• reocochran says:

Oh my, this made my afternoon, D! I do look at my photos with a critical eye and wonder about some of the thoughts I come up with. The site has gorgeous and intricate pictures which help us to see the awe-inspiring world we live in!

21. I can see why you had to share this post – fantastic with the rain drops around the insects! πŸ™‚

22. Marvelous! They are memorable!

23. I always enjoy these types of photos. Thanks for sharing!

24. mistermuse says:

Perhaps I have an over-active imagination, but some of the pix remind me of creatures in a science fiction monster movie….and they probably do look like monsters to creatures smaller than themselves. But this is Mother Nature’s show, and what a drama it is!

25. Wow. Fantastic. I see why you like to browse the site. πŸ™‚

26. noelleg44 says:

Spectacular photos – I loved the snail.

27. Al Lane says:

These are stunning. Thanks for sharing!

28. Very nice photography, thank you for sharing!

29. Thanks Diana.. love photography sites but not come across this one before.. until now! hugs

30. stevetanham says:

Spectacular photography. Thank you for sharing that.

31. Judy Martin says:

Wow, that is a wonderful photo, Diana πŸ™‚