The Sisterhood of the World Bloggers

sisterhood

I have two fabulous brothers and no sisters, so sisterhood has always been something chosen and cherished. My thanks to Sally Cronin for nominating me for this lovely award. You can connect with Sally on her impressive website

Without further ado, here are the rules of engagement:

Thank the giver and link their blog to your post.
Answer the 10 questions given to you.
Pass the award on to 7 other bloggers of your choice and let them know that they have been nominated.
Include the logo of the award in a post or on your blog.

Here are the questions from Sally…

1. Given the choice of anyone in the world, whom would you want as a dinner guest?

I’m going literary here -Tolkien. He kicked off my love of reading, which led to a love of writing, which led me here to this very moment on this blog that you are at this very moment reading. I marvel at how the little choices we make (like picking up a book) can change the direction of our lives. I’d want to hear the story behind his stories.

images (31)2. What are you most proud of about your blog?

This one is easy. The warm relationships that I’m developing all over the world. I wouldn’t blog otherwise as it takes a ton of time to read and comment on posts. My books are taking twice as long to write…but it’s been worth every minute.

3. What would constitute a perfect day for you?

Perfect days for me start before dawn. I get comfy in my recliner with a latte at my elbow. The house is quiet and the wood stove snapping. It’s raining outside so there’s no reason to leave the nest other than through my imagination. And I write. My other perfect day would be lazing on a hammock in the summer shade, sipping lemonade, and reading an awesome book cover to cover.

4. Name three things you and your best friend or partner have in common.

Laughter, friendship, and trust.

5. If you could wake up tomorrow having gained one quality or ability, what would it be?

Time travel. That would be totally cool.

Dolly_Sisters_onstage6. Have you ever had your fortune told? How was it?

Many times. I don’t recall any one time being particularly eye-opening. I tend to believe that the answers to the most important questions are already inside us if we’re prepared to listen.

7. Do you have an ambition that still needs to be realised.

I haven’t traveled much and would like to do that. This will probably sound strange, but I feel a connection to old places where human history is embedded in the soil and stones. Time blurs and I lose track of the centuries. I’d like to walk with the ghosts in more of those sacred places.

635722362001147376967090822_Sisters odyssey 28. What do you value most in a friendship?

Forgiveness, I think. People aren’t perfect and I’m a people. I make unintentional mistakes and misjudgments, say things I shouldn’t, forget stuff, get stressed, screw things up. My best friends are those that see beyond all the flaws and love me as a whole person with all the baggage, just as I love them.

9. What is your most treasured memory?

The birth of my daughter, an experience of pure unconditional love.

10. How would you describe yourself to a stranger in 20 words or less?

Goofy with an easy laugh, outspoken and big-hearted, an imperfectionist, and just fine with whole-hearted effort. I’m terribly disciplined about the things I love and just plain lazy about the things I don’t. (33 words – I said I was an imperfectionist.)

For my nominees I chose Sisters I’ve recently met and would love to know more about:

Susan
Belinda
JM
Rosanna
Suzanne
Nurse Kelly
Tamara

And here are your 10 questions:

1. When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?
2. You can time travel. To where and to when would you go?
3. Describe your muse.
4. What is your most treasured memory?
5. If you could invite a favorite character to dinner, who would you choose and why?
6. What time of day or night are you the most magical? Why?
7. A genie offers to grant you one wish. What would you choose?
8. If you were a mutant, what would your superpower be?
9. You may take only three personal items on your space flight to Earth2. What would you choose?
10. How would you describe yourself to a stranger in 20 words (or thereabouts).

My nominees are under no obligation to accept the award but may accept these flowers with my love and appreciation. You are all wonderful women.

flower garden

75 thoughts on “The Sisterhood of the World Bloggers

1. I m delighted and grateful to be nominated for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award by my favourite Britishwoman,.

2. reocochran says:

Sending you warm congratulations for your award. I am like you, no sisters but have a great sister in law and two mature daughters who are also friends (with a few boundaries 🙂 )

3. ” I feel a connection to old places where human history is embedded in the soil and stones” – looking forward to showing you around in Greece 😀

4. AKIRAA says:

Congratulations!!! :))

5. Congrats on the award!
    Love your answer, especially 3,4 and 10.
    Hope you’re having a lovely day 🙂

6. longchaps2 says:

Congratulations on your award! A much deserved one. I enjoyed learning a little more about the woman behind the pen. Tolkien, yeah, he was also my best late night reading buddy in fifth grade. A true king of fantasy. Time Travel, when you figure it out I’ll be the first one to read your journal because I’m the worst traveler alive. I have enough trouble just navigating THIS era. Number ten was a gem. You ended it just perfect, lol. Thank you so much for your nomination. I am truly touched. I have to admit that I am the world’s biggest techno airhead. I’m not sure about imbedding the links and such, so if I can figure out how to do that I would love to accept your nomination. I am honored. If I can’t figure it out then please know it’s not because I didn’t value your friendship and goodwill. Again, congratulations on your award. Susan

7. olganm says:

Great replies. I agree that connecting with other bloggers has been one of the best things of blogging. Time travel sounds fascinating.

8. macjam47 says:

Congratulations on a well deserved award.

9. D. I love your answers. The pic of the Double Trouble Grannies is plain adorable. The questions you assigned were simply inspired.
    From your description of yourself, no wonder I already liked you!
    Melinda

10. What a great award, Congratulations, Time-travel, hey? That would be great.

11. C.E.Robinson says:

Congratulations, Diana! This is a beautiful award and well-deserved. Loved your answers…Yay for time travel and birth of babies! Christine

12. Reblogged this on Smorgasbord – Variety is the spice of life and commented:
    Myths of the Mirror​ D. Wallace Peach responded to an award that I sent her way.. The Sisterhood of the World Bloggers and she responded in style.. thanks Diana.

13. Kev says:

Reblogged this on Kev's Great Indie Authors and commented:
    An award worth adding to Kev’s Sunday Rollover!

14. Belinda Crane says:

D, congratulations of the award! I loved getting to know a bit more about you! So very natural is what comes to mind when I read this. A most wonderful trait! 🙂 Bee

15. Congrats. I had written out a long response, but WordPress didn’t like my wit I guess. Great questions. Fun answers. I love seeing things like this.

16. Congratulations on the award, Diana. Really interesting questions given. I can tell you the answer to one. My best memory was the birth of my children. 🙂

• Erik says:

Suzanne and Diana (and all the moms here) … even in the form of a simple statement, I get the warm fuzzies reading about your love for and pride in your children, and your recollections of bringing them into being.

• That’s an easy one, Suzanne, isn’t it? What an amazing experience. For me it was 32 years ago and I still get choked up about it. Did you see that I nominated you? No pressure, but I’d love to learn more about you if you’re inclined 🙂

17. Kev says:

Lovely award. You’re all very deserving of it. 🙂

18. balroop2013 says:

I loved your perfect day, D! And your last answer. It is such a pleasure to read such a post once in a while…nothing less than that hammock you mentioned.
    Thanks for sharing.

19. hsampson says:

Congrats for the award! Very well deserved! Wonderful answers too!

20. Erik says:

It would be impossible for me to be part of the sisterhood (understandably so in this instance). But this most definitely confirmed my suspicions that, sisterhood or no, we are kindred spirits.

“This will probably sound strange, but I feel a connection to old places where human history is embedded in the soil and stones. Time blurs and I lose track of the centuries. I’d like to walk with the ghosts in more of those sacred places.” After having read my book, particularly the chapter where I talked about silence and my visit to Notre Dame in Paris, you must know that I don’t think it strange at all!

21. What a fun post! I love the picture of the twins! If I were to gain a superpower as a new quality, I would fly. I still dream that I can. I never outgrew it (Though my Mom told me imagination shrinks as we age. Baloney!)

22. orangepondconnects says:

Thank you so much for the nomination! I love your answers to number 8 and 9. And oh boy, only three personal items I can take on my space flight? lol That will be a difficult question for me to answer–I have so much cherished stuff!

23. Cat says:

Congratulations on your award. Nice to hear a little more about you and I would certainly share some of your favourite things, especially the time travel, how cool would that be. I’d travel first into the future 🙂

24. Carrie Rubin says:

I think your perfect days sound lovely!

25. Congratulations D! My most treasured memory is the birth of my girls as well. To me there is no greater moment in life, than taking part in creating a life.

26. Congratulations on the award. I’m totally with you on being able to Time-Travel but, given the choice and only being able to time travel once, would you travel backwards or forwards in time?