Jack Ronald Cotner nominated me for the Creative Blogger Award – the name alone makes me smile. Many thanks, Jack, for the honor.
Jack’s blog, Jack Ronald Cotner, is worth a peek. Born and bred in Arkansas, he’s a talented artist, and penner of historical fiction, short stories, and poetry. What I enjoy most is his humorous bent on all things writing. Here’s a favorite of mine that guarantees a chuckle: A Bad Analogy is like a Good Analogy, Only Somehow Different.
Now, I’ll share five facts about myself:
1. I was raised in the woods by wolves (almost). My parents would routinely drop young me and my younger brothers off in the Green Mountains and pick us up 4 days later 25 miles down the trail. A similar scenario also occasionally took place with a canoe on a river. Someone recently suggested that the Peach kids were Gretel, Hansel, and Hansel and the folks were trying to lose us! Hmmm…
2. After watching the movie Jaws in 1975, I didn’t dip a toe into the ocean for 15 years. In an effort to overcome my paranoia regarding sharks, I took up scuba diving and went on a shark dive in the Cayman Islands. Our dive crew chummed the water with buckets of fish guts. I was surrounded by close to a 100 sharks (or maybe 20), and I still have all my fingers!
3. I dislike chocolate and cake (especially chocolate cake), but I can eat a gallon of blueberries or a whole watermelon in one sitting.
4. The only thing I’m deathly afraid of is dentists, and I have no desire to face that fear. My husband makes me go, and I always end up having to apologize to the hygienist for suggesting that dentistry hasn’t advanced much beyond medieval torture (seriously, it hasn’t).
5. Finally, I believe its possible to speed up and slow down time, but I’m not very skilled at it yet. It takes concentration, and I forget to do it every day. I’d like to be able to prolong the slow-down of time without having to expend a lot of mental energy to initiate or sustain it. It’s the only solution I’ve come up with for my lack of writing time :-).
Now For My Nominees:
I’m going to break the rules and offer up only 6 of the many incredibly entertaining blogs that I follow in hopes that you’ll browse all of them!
To my nominees: If you wish to participate in this exercise (it is optional) here are the guidelines:
- Acknowledge and thank the blogger who nominated you with name and URL (that’s moi)
- Disclose 5 facts about yourself
- Further nominate 15 bloggers (or break the rules)
If I’ve nominated anyone whose blog is award-free, please accept my apologies and ignore this post.