Creative Blogger Award

creative-blogger

Jack Ronald Cotner nominated me for the Creative Blogger Award – the name alone makes me smile. Many thanks, Jack, for the honor.

Jack’s blog, Jack Ronald Cotner, is worth a peek. Born and bred in Arkansas, he’s a talented artist, and penner of historical fiction, short stories, and poetry. What I enjoy most is his humorous bent on all things writing. Here’s a favorite of mine that guarantees a chuckle: A Bad Analogy is like a Good Analogy, Only Somehow Different

Now, I’ll share five facts about myself:

1. I was raised in the woods by wolves (almost). My parents would routinely drop young me and my younger brothers off in the Green Mountains and pick us up 4 days later 25 miles down the trail. A similar scenario also occasionally took place with a canoe on a river. Someone recently suggested that the Peach kids were Gretel, Hansel, and Hansel and the folks were trying to lose us! Hmmm…

2. After watching the movie Jaws in 1975, I didn’t dip a toe into the ocean for 15 years. In an effort to overcome my paranoia regarding sharks, I took up scuba diving and went on a shark dive in the Cayman Islands. Our dive crew chummed the water with buckets of fish guts. I was surrounded by close to a 100 sharks (or maybe 20), and I still have all my fingers!

3. I dislike chocolate and cake (especially chocolate cake), but I can eat a gallon of blueberries or a whole watermelon in one sitting.

4. The only thing I’m deathly afraid of is dentists, and I have no desire to face that fear. My husband makes me go, and I always end up having to apologize to the hygienist for suggesting that dentistry hasn’t advanced much beyond medieval torture (seriously, it hasn’t).

5. Finally, I believe its possible to speed up and slow down time, but I’m not very skilled at it yet. It takes concentration, and I forget to do it every day. I’d like to be able to prolong the slow-down of time without having to expend a lot of mental energy to initiate or sustain it. It’s the only solution I’ve come up with for my lack of writing time :-).

Now For My Nominees:

I’m going to break the rules and offer up only 6 of the many incredibly entertaining blogs that I follow in hopes that you’ll browse all of them!

1. https://alk3r.wordpress.com/
  2. https://chasingtheturtle.wordpress.com/
  3. http://nedhickson.com/
  4. http://courseofmirrors.wordpress.com/
  5. https://mikesteeden.wordpress.com/
  6. https://aheartafire.wordpress.com/

To my nominees: If you wish to participate in this exercise (it is optional) here are the guidelines:

1. Acknowledge and thank the blogger who nominated you with name and URL (that’s moi)
  2. Disclose 5 facts about yourself
  3. Further nominate 15 bloggers (or break the rules)

If I’ve nominated anyone whose blog is award-free, please accept my apologies and ignore this post.

Happy Blogging!

40 thoughts on “Creative Blogger Award

1. Congratulations and it is really interesting. Amazing.

2. Enjoyed all five but my favorite is #5. No idea if we can speed up or slow down time but I do believe time moves faster or slower depending on the situation. For instance, in the morning when I’m waiting for the tea kettle to boil, time can slow down way too much and take too long to get my morning’s jolt of caffeine. Great job, D. Wallace Peach!

3. Kev says:

Very nice! 🙂

4. Well-deserved. WOW. I’m not sure I would invite myself into a den of sharks. LOL. Now THAT deserves an award.

5. Rosanna says:

I was going to ask you if #is true, but somebody already asked and you answered – are you going to write about that because I would certainly love to know how it was for you and your brother then. I hope #5 would become a realty for you – learning how to dance with time is really awesome.

congratulations!

6. chhaya17 says:

Congratulations!
    You are an interesting person! is it your adventurous life that makes you so interesting?
    Thank you for finding time to read my poetry.
    Looking forward to read more from you 🙂

7. Congratulations! By the way, I finished reading Myths of the Mirror today. I am off this week because my kids are home for a while. I loaded it onto my IPad. I don’t usually read fantasy but wanted to try it since you have been so awesome to me in reading and commenting on my blog. It was fun! I especially liked the Droon. 😊

8. Ana says:

Is this for real? Particularly numbers 1 and 2? Sounds like something right out of a book! Amazing!

9. Congratulations on the nomination! I love it when stumbling across one blog leads down the path to more and more lovely pages.

As a life-long chocoholic, I share your dread of the dentist! Sharks are a continuous presence lurking in the back of my mind because I spend so much time in the ocean…I just refuse to think about it too much 🙂

I’m looking forward to visiting here again!

• I love stumbling into new blogs too. There are wonderful writers and artists out there, and I can’t seem to help clicking on that “follow” button. I figured my dislike of chocolate would be a foreign concept to a number of visitors, but most of us can agree on sharks and dentists! Thanks for stopping by.

10. hsampson says:

Congratulations!

11. Irena S. says:

Congratulations on the nomination! Oh, I sometimes wish I didn’t like chocolate because it can’t be good to eat it as much as I do xD

• Ha ha! I’ve always been a bit thankful for my “meh” attitude about chocolate, but that doesn’t extend to other sweets! Thanks for stopping by and commenting, Irena. Have a piece of chocolate today and keep smiling 🙂

12. claytonjcallahan says:

AWESOME!!!!

13. Woo hoo, how exciting! Congrats on the award. It was great finding out more about you! 🙂

14. Sorry, sorry, sorry. I should have congratulated you first on winning that beautiful award. Congratulations! That goes to show how easily distracted I am. 😦 🙂

15. Your braver than I am. Diana. I haven’t been in the ocean since seeing Jaws, period. Actually, I haven’t been in a situation where I could anyway. My kids have in North Carolina and I didn’t try to discourage them. I know sharks have been given a bad rep. On the other hand, two kids were recently badly injured from a shark or sharks at a North Carolina beach, so it happens. No way would I buy shark fin soup though.

• You’re a Jaws victim too! It’s actually not as scary when you’re underwater and can see them. Of course, I wasn’t diving with man-eaters either. These were pretty timid, which is why they had to chum the water to attract them. I’ve done it a few times since, but never was it quite as thrilling as the first time.

16. Ritu says: